Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WOW - Bye Bye Pakistan?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Feel very sad for the England players who may now not get on the Lords honours board

Stumpy Tim

It seems to me that Dawood Ibrahim (if you don't know him, look him up) has the cricket team in Pakistan under his control. If you were an 18 year old and were given the choice of cooperating or getting killed, what would you do? There's no easy solution unfortunately

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Any cricket game involving Pakistan, has long been meaningless.

Not exactly the first time that their cheating has been exposed. For every time they have actually been caught cheating, they have no doubt, in my opinion, escaped detection many hundreds of times.

The Test match series should be abandoned, and the Pakistan players sent home........with a mop and bucket each.........to do something useful.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Something really stank with all the bans given out, after the series in Australia. Didn't the coach basically accuse Kamran Akmal of being a match fixer. Really depressing stufff this, I can't believe this test match is continuing.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Was odd hearing the Pakistan batsmen come out to silence and the odd boo.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pakistan, what a vile name.

I think you will find that Pakistan means land of the pure in Urdu...although clearly that cannot be applied to everyone connected with cricket at this moment in time.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think you will find that Pakistan means land of the pure in Urdu...although clearly that cannot be applied to everyone connected with cricket at this moment in time.

Name was designed as a combination of the provinces of Pakistan.

P-Punjab
A-Afghania
K-Kashmir
I-Indus Valley
S-Sindh
Tan-BalochisTAN

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Name was designed as a combination of the provinces of Pakistan.

P-Punjab
A-Afghania
K-Kashmir
I-Indus Valley
S-Sindh
Tan-BalochisTAN

Perhaps this is both clever and coincidental at the same time, but "paki" means pure in Urdu...somewhat ironic when certain people use it as an insult to people of Asian descent!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It sounds from the 5 Live Sports Extra commentary that the Pakistani batsmen are trying to get in and out as fast as possible this morning.

What a farce of a Test Match

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point Barry, but if a cloud that big was hanging over you there would be a temptation to get away from the scene of the crime as quickly as possible, even if that meant throwing your wicket...which is indefensible.

The match fixer-Mazhar Majeed-also happens to be chariman of last years Ryman Div 1 champions Croydon Athletic, who were throwing a lot of money around last pre-season!

coincidence?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The match fixer-Mazhar Majeed-also happens to be chariman of last years Ryman Div 1 champions Croydon Athletic, who were throwing a lot of money around last pre-season!

coincidence?

Just read the NOTW story and the bloke is quoted as saying he bought Croydon FC as an avenue through which he could launder the money obtained through this scam.

Pretty sad really if it's all proven to be true. That lad Amir, clearly a phenomenally talented bowler yet it looks likely that he's chucked his careeer down the drain before he's even reached his 19th birthday.

Very strange atmosphere at Lord's too, it's as though the crowd don't really know what to do. Swann's celebration on getting one of the wickets didn't reflect that of a team looking forward to winning a game either.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

coincidence?

I wonder if there is any connection between this majeed and the crooked Majeed brothers of Crawley Town FC.....?

I heard that they were still "involved" with Crawley by the way.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Fair point. You've got to say that their evidence though, assuming that they are not printing a pack of lies, does seem fairly compelling.

No need for "fairly". Not had time to check this, but according to Five Live, the two bowlers have had four no balls between them in the three previous tests. They've both had about 135 overs in the series, so an initial guess at the odds against those specific balls both being no-balls by coincidence would be about 21,500,000-1. Will have to check that, though, as it does seem very high.

I wonder if there is any connection between this majeed and the crooked Majeed brothers of Crawley Town FC.....?

I heard that they were still "involved" with Crawley by the way.

Azwar and Chas Majeed were owners at Crawley, and Mazhar is their brother

I don't believe they are still at the club, but I might be wrong!

I've also heard that Mazhar tried to get onto the consortium that bought Palace.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
No need for "fairly". Not had time to check this, but according to Five Live, the two bowlers have had four no balls between them in the three previous tests. They've both had about 135 overs in the series, so an initial guess at the odds against those specific balls both being no-balls by coincidence would be about 21,500,000-1. Will have to check that, though, as it does seem very high.

Have had another go - there were more no balls in the first three Tests than Five Live realised. Reckon it is more like 4,300,000-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here