Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you welcome Micky Adams back?

Would you? hmm?

• Please come back Micky.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • He was great but should not return

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • He was great, if McGhee ever goes get him back.

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • He was not good and I dont want him back

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never go back.

Besides, I think MM is a class above MA as a manager.

Tighe11

Nov 15, 2003
Brighton
Returning to a club were u have been successful is a BIG mistake look at Graham Taylor at Villa. Micky will always be a legend i would definently love to see him back because hes a legend but i don't know if he would live up to the expectations which would come with him.

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
Tighe11 said:
Returning to a club were u have been successful is a BIG mistake look at Graham Taylor at Villa. Micky will always be a legend i would definently love to see him back because hes a legend but i don't know if he would live up to the expectations which would come with him.

You might have a point all the time that Ray Bloom is on the board. He has already stuck the knife in to two returning heroes. They are Chris Cattlin and Alan Mullery.

I think that Micky would even see him off!

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
perth seagull said:
but we can't recreate the past.

Exactly. Micky is an even better manager than when he left us. If he were to return we would be looking to the future.

Unfortunately this thread is surplus to requirements, because our respected chairman stated at last night's forum that Micky would not be returning.

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
Adams back?

:wave: We have a 1st division manager who is showing a lot of skill, As Leicester proved ADAMS is not a top flight manager,talks a good job, but at the top he hasn't got it .. When will the Adams worshippers wake up to this. His record in the premiership & championship prove his lack of real management skills.. Just concentrate on MM and hope he stays -long term-

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think Micky Adams did a fantastic job and was the right man in the right place at the right time.
However, that cannot be recreated now.

Mark McGhee is the right man in the right place at the right time now and is doing a fantastic job.

Someone once said comparisons are odious and they are right.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the last time he was in charge was the last time we where (consistently) entertaining to watch, win or loose, I appreciate it was at a differrent level, but it was entertaining

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Lush said:
MA is great but a Lower Leagues manager IMHO.

*ducks*

MM has and is taking the team to the next level. IMO MA is a legend should NOT come back, I think he is a cracking manager but appears to struggle at the higher level.

He has been quoted in The Sun today as saying he wants a boring team with no discipline issues, confrontation etc.

Surely this is something he would as a manager have to confront!

Still an Albion legend never the less!!

:clap2:

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
Re: Adams back?

Keith B Wetherill said:
:wave: As Leicester proved ADAMS is not a top flight manager,talks a good job, but at the top he hasn't got it .. When will the Adams worshippers wake up to this. His record in the premiership & championship prove his lack of real management skills..

Those near Arctic temperatures have frozen your brain Keith.

There's no way MM's dour and pessimistic personality could have endured what Micky had to put up with at Leicester. He would have thrown in the towel the season before last, not got them promotion.

For a week Leicester begged Micky to stay, whereas MM was shown the door and they couldn't get him out quick enough during his time there.

I'll tell you one thing. The players of the next club, who are privileged to have Micky Adams as their manager, had better watch out. He will get back to doing what he is good at, that is kicking arse when it is needed. Never again will he pander to overpaid prima donnas. He's learned that lesson and will be a better manager for it.

Oh! Yorkie. Your last paragraph is so condescending. Get a life girl and think for yourself.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
I think Micky Adams did a fantastic job and was the right man in the right place at the right time.

Mark McGhee is the right man in the right place at the right time now and is doing a fantastic job.

Spot on !

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
Yorkie said:

Mr Auditor, I have no quarrels with her first two paragraphs. It's just the last one I find "odious". The whole thread is about comparisons.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Adams would be bery unlikely to come back to Brighton.
Shame really, as he's probably one of the best in the business.

Interesting to hear all the votes of confidence for MM.

Wonder what we'll all be saying soon (hopefully more of the same).
BUT.. There's not a club he's managed that don't hate his guts now.
Apparently, he fears for his life at Molineaux, and as for Millwall.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here