Votes: 188 63.1%
  • No. Still a Judas.

Votes: 110 36.9%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No, not because he’s a “Judas” but because we already have a solid team, he wouldn’t be Fab’s choice (I doubt he’s even met him) and I firmly believe the dugout and training ground is the realm of the head coach and the head coach alone.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Go back and look at the threads on here at the time. Everyone was saying there is no way this is going to work out!

He had worked for us for TEN YEARS! I don't understand why people don't get that you can't just kick someone out your company as soon as their face doesn't fit anymore! People are talking as if RDZ was going to walk in and give him his P45 and then that would be the end of his pay cheques from the Albion and he'd be unemployed with no income.
I am well aware of employment rights etc and presume we would have had to buy out his contract had we wanted to say goodbye….. he might have preferred to guarantee of carrying on working.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Go back and look at the threads on here at the time. Everyone was saying there is no way this is going to work out!

He had worked for us for TEN YEARS! I don't understand why people don't get that you can't just kick someone out your company as soon as their face doesn't fit anymore! People are talking as if RDZ was going to walk in and give him his P45 and then that would be the end of his pay cheques from the Albion and he'd be unemployed with no income.
I don't think looking on here was an accurate yard stick! Our thoughts on the whole situation somewhat clouded by the fact that they took our manager and backroom staff.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The day TB & PB start making sports related decisions based on the feelings of very emotionally fragile fans is the same day the journey to Championship begins.

Of course they give a shit about fan opinion, of course they look into that, because if they'd announce his return and there's 10k idiots moaning about it, it has implications on his life and his job. Its very naive to think they wouldn't care in this particular situation.

:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course they give a shit about fan opinion, of course they look into that, because if they'd announce his return and there's 10k idiots moaning about it, it has implications on his life and his job. Its very naive to think they wouldn't care in this particular situation.

Call me naïve if you like, but I think you're wrong. Bloom has too much credit with the fans. If he thought Bruno was the right person to help us, then he'd make the offer, and if it went ahead we'd accept it.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Don't agree with the Murray comments. Perhaps in the Marseille game he either didn't hear, or had an off day, people aren't machines. He is always enthusiastic about us on TV or Radio often saying 'we' when he should be more impartial perhaps. I blinkin love Murray and once told him that to my shame lol! :love:
He used to be a bit s**t at being impartial when it came to our games, well he was when he started at least. He's become better at being impartial now. He'll actually say we were good against one of the big 6 when all the others have only just stopped saying, <insert name here> have had an off day. He's made the rest of them see the light! ;)

I don't hold any grudge against Bruno, I was somewhat disappointed at the time. But if I was offered a shed load of certain cash while being unsure whether I'd have a job in a few weeks with RDZ coming in, I'd take the job with certainty of cash. I bailed out of working for the club when I wasn't certain I'd have a job in a few months time! Slightly different wages to Bruno obviously but I guess the more you earn the higher your outgoings become. I left just so I knew I had a job, even though the wages were the same. Job security is important & knowing you'll have enough cash coming in if it all goes tits up would be a huge selling point to me. I was in no shape or form in anyway important to the club but I could see myself with no job & got a different one that was more secure! It obviously didn't have the guaranteed cash element to it but I preferred knowing I had a job, rather than worrying that I might not have a job! As I said, somewhat different pay scales but the principle is probably the same? 🤷‍♀️

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I bear him no ill will and have no interest in some random scenario where he may or may not return.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

He retired as a player, and then got a job as a coach, because Potter agreed to it. Had Potter not been willing to have him, he would not have been a first team coach.
With a new coach coming in, he might have had a job, he might not, the club probably would have found a role for him if the head coach didn't want him, but maybe only at academy level.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What’s he doing now?
Richard O’Brien impersonator.

COULD YOU UPSET THE FANS PLEASE!

IMG_3773.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can he (still) play midfield?

We're 'a bit light' there, apparently :lolol:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Yes. Made a poor decision but nobody is perfect. We did it with Murray and I was fuming for one and hated him for his move. Now he is very much a BHA ex player and talks about us as ‘us’. I think Bruno would be the same. YOLO.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That’s a very corporate response.

There is plenty of loyalty in football the supporters of clubs will support their club to the day they die.

Football fans are tribal. If you don’t understand why returning players/managers and even players that almost signed but didn’t get pelters on match days then you really are missing out.
Okay, let me be clearer. Outside of the fans, there is no loyalty in football. Players, managers, coaches, physios, executives and all other employees of a club are paid to be there. Even most owners are simply there for the money. Is that ‘corporate’ thinking? Very probably, but it’s true.

Fans have an entirely different relationship. Whilst we would like club employees to behave like fans, having a devotion that blindsides common sense decision making, they very rarely do.

Of course it’s fun to bay for blood when an Alex Pritchard comes to town. Do I join in? Of course, but it’s all misguided. Theatre. Pantomime.

Pritchard, Bruno, Cucurella all made employment choices based on what they thought was right for them at the time, whether that be based on money, perception of prospects, location, family etc. All employees do it.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, not because he’s a “Judas” but because we already have a solid team, he wouldn’t be Fab’s choice (I doubt he’s even met him) and I firmly believe the dugout and training ground is the realm of the head coach and the head coach alone.
End of (rather weird) thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Okay, let me be clearer. Outside of the fans, there is no loyalty in football. Players, managers, coaches, physios, executives and all other employees of a club are paid to be there. Even most owners are simply there for the money. Is that ‘corporate’ thinking? Very probably, but it’s true.

Fans have an entirely different relationship. Whilst we would like club employees to behave like fans, having a devotion that blindsides common sense decision making, they very rarely do.

Of course it’s fun to bay for blood when an Alex Pritchard comes to town. Do I join in? Of course, but it’s all misguided. Theatre. Pantomime histrionics. Pritchard, Bruno, Cucurella just made employment choices based on what they thought was right for them at the time, whether that be based on money, perception of prospects, location, family etc. All employees do it.
Agree. The 'panto' is a major part of the fun.

Behind the scenes I expect professionalism and cool heads.

This great myth about when we were a small shitty club it was a massive happy family where a player who showed club loyalty and turned down the big money move to, er, Port Vale, could expect a back-room job for life after they retired, and every rosy cheeked child on the terrace waved a rattle and shouted 'hooray!' is, er, a myth.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He does circuit classes at Cheetahs. An enthusiastic high-fiver. Last seen doing laps around the outside of the building in a downpour. Between seeing him and Chris Cattlin doing chest flys, the level of celebrity on a mundane weekday morning can be unreal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here