Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you want to go to Marseille away?

Would you want to go to Marseille away?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 208 69.6%
  • No chance.

Votes: 91 30.4%

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tempted due to proximity .

It would be a straight in-out job though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Laughable…………this may be the only opportunity for competive football BHA ever have and the shit the bed brigade are already soiling themselves before a date’s been set.

What a shower.

Anyone that thinks AEK will be toga wearing philosophy student types and Ajax clog wearing tulip sellers living in windmills are going to get a shock.

If you get through these three games without some kind of scrape you’ll be fortunate………….I know a couple of scousers from England days, they have stories from their European games that would make some on here have a small colon prolapse.

Yes they still go.
People will have different tolerances towards risk.

I don't see why that's laughable :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had my 18th birthday in Marseille.

I had a firearm pointed at me on 2 separate occasions that night. The bar we spent some time in, was attacked exactly a week later, and 9 people were shot.

It’s quite a rough old place away from the harbour.

Not Croydon standards obviously, but still pretty rough.

I would love to go to our away game there, tho.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
It's great to see so many fans willing to follow the Albion all over Europe in their £70 Europa shirts. I do hope they are not the same posters moaning about the Government and the cost of living crisis on other threads. :whistle:
People aren't allowed some relief from the depressing state of life by enjoying a potentially once in a lifetime opportunity?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
This thread cracks me up, all the warnings to try and ensure that ticket availability makes it down to their purchase tier 😂
Indeed. If we get to the final I’d suggest giving Dublin a miss. Have you been watching Dublin Narcos, for example? Best to grab a Guinness and watch it at home 😋

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Indeed. If we get to the final I’d suggest giving Dublin a miss. Have you been watching Dublin Narcos, for example? Best to grab a Guinness and watch it at home 😋
Haha, I’d love to do all 3 but would be more than happy to get a ticket to one of them

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would you say that would be the case for fans in their late 60s/early 70s? Are they likely to be targeted the same way?
I think it’s a completely different kettle of fish to any Premier League game. So yes, possibly.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Yes…but it’ll take me a while as i wont fly
Screenshot_20230901_212455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also available from Lille.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This thread cracks me up, all the warnings to try and ensure that ticket availability makes it down to their purchase tier 😂
My contact in Marseille, codename ‘Le Pain’, has already passed me a list of 1901 members their Ultras will target.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Are they probably one of the worst set of fans in europe? lots of ultras, love a good fight, fireworks galore in the stadium…..

was going to take my 10 year old till was informed probably not safe….

what are ppls thoughts?
It should be fine. I'd probably stay away from the pubs if you have a kid with you. The pubs are what get attacked. OM is fine, it's the surrounding area that can be a bit iffy but I'd say London is far worse tbh.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes I think I would go should I get a ticket but would be careful about where to stay / drink etc. Would behave more like a general tourist than a gobby football fan. Should be ok.
That was the discussion with my brother today.... id fancy it if could get a ticket, but would avoid drinking in bars in city centre.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And don't forget the M50 toll around Dublin if you drive as you will receiving tickets for months afterwards

Looks like this might go to purchase history the amount of people reversing out of this fixture.
At this stage I’m thinking it’s just a psyop to increase chance of getting a ticket 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here