Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point on tuesday?

???

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm going to the game so no i wouldn't right now accept a point. I want some blistering away form where we pass the ball around for an age and atagonise our tiring opponents until we dance through the middle and tap a couple home. It mightn't be the most reliable of dreams, but i do expect to refind our form after a couple of games of less certain footery. Also, i imagine Gus will not want to repeat the bore-draw at the O's and get the players to keep their fitness by the deep confidence a trouncing instils.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I disagree I would think that Gus and Tanno will tell the players be tight keep a clean sheet and we will get a 1 point it is then up to Murray and Barnes etc to get the other 2 points but the most important point is do not lose.

Sorry but that is crap. It also doesn't answer the question.

Gus has been on the radio a number of times recently talking about the dangers of being happy with going for a point. He is clearly of the view that his teams go out to win every match.

Secondly, the question is "Woulod you take a point on Tuesday?" not do you think we'll be tight at the back and then play for a win if we can.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Point keeps us on the 2 points per game target, so wouldn't be a bad result. Don't think it will be an easy game.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Fozzies honeymoon period came to an end yesterday with a thumping at Hartlepool, they will be keen to get back to winning ways which means they will attack. This may well leave gaps at the back which we are more than capable of exploiting.

Brighton win for me.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
im going so were defo going to win, because if we dont ill be annoyed. murray to get two barnes to get one. noone to get one.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Well? Just interested, like. I definately would, but do you think Brentford are there for the taking?

Bit sad talking about Tuesdays game on Sunday isn't it??

(according to your rationale anyway)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Other than a few exceptions I will always take at least a draw away from home (In the same way I think we should win every home game) so I would be happy with a point. That said we are the best team in the league and rightly sit on top of the pile so we should be looking to win at Griffin Park. Also, I definitely do not agree with the "play for a draw and hope to nick a winner" attitude either. If we want to be successful and achieve trophies, titles, promotions, etc then we have to forge a winning mentality and that can only be done by going out to win every game...Thankfully, Gus thinks this way so I expect us to play for the 3 points.

How we do that will be interesting and I would like very much for us to get the ball early and knock it around at our own pace. I expect Nicky Forster to have them fired up and will try and start fast so if we can keep the ball well whilst they tear about the pitch chasing us then it can work to our advantage. I would not even put the emphasis scoring in the first half an hour although it would help take the wind out of their sails. If we can just have them running around trying to get the ball without success we will have the double bonus of them losing heart for having nothing to show for their efforts and also getting knackered early...We can then take them to the cleaners...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Team in the bottom half of the League and people would settle for a draw before a ball is kicked?

I hate these bloody negative threads. We're top of the league - we go away hoping and expecting to perform well. I would not take a draw now thanks.
def this

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
definitely not , we need the 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here