Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point on tuesday?

???

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Well? Just interested, like. I definately would, but do you think Brentford are there for the taking?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another one where I don't think I would settle for a point before the game, but I won't be overly disappointed with a draw at full time.

Spookily, their home record is the same as our away record: W7 D4 L5

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Another one where I don't think I would settle for a point before the game, but I won't be overly disappointed with a draw at full time.

Spookily, their home record is the same as our away record: W7 D4 L5

This is the thing. They're not brilliant but as long as we win our home games and draw our away we'll be fine. Plus I bet Forster would like to get one over on us

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I would settle for a point because Griffin Park is not an easy place to go to but, I would also be very disappointed if we didn't get all 3 because we are good enough to get maximum points.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They will be up for the game,... the Forster effect will have them chasing everything,... I think a 1-1 will be the likely outcome.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It depends on other results for me. I'd be disappointed if we drew, but would be satisfied if the other teams around us dropped points. If they all win, then a draw isn't good enough.

Southampton have Yeovil at home, Huddersfield have Rochdale at home, Bournemouth are playing away at Exeter and Peterborough away at Notts County. All very winnable games, so I think a win could be important for us.

Mk Dons v Charlton could be an interesting one. It could be a big game for the playoff positions, and it looks a if a gap is finally starting to open up with the playoff challengers and the rest of the league. Realistically, I think only the current top 9 teams will be the ones involved in promotion and playoffs now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Team in the bottom half of the League and people would settle for a draw before a ball is kicked?

I hate these bloody negative threads. We're top of the league - we go away hoping and expecting to perform well. I would not take a draw now thanks.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Draw will do tbh, obviously I want us to win but if we keep winning at home and drawing away we are getting promoted. Fozzie will have his boys fired up for this game big time.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Team in the bottom half of the League and people would settle for a draw before a ball is kicked?

I hate these bloody negative threads. We're top of the league - we go away hoping and expecting to perform well. I would not take a draw now thanks.

I don't understand how it is negative at all. Poyet said himself he wants to win all home and draw all away- that is promotion form...Do you expect us to win every game?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
last year was a dismal 0-0 under old baldy, so hopefully this year we'll smash a few past em.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
We have some testing home games ahead. I'd rather we didn't go into our remaining away games with the mentality that a draw is good enough.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Was disappointed with the draw at Orient at the time but, as it happens, that wasn't such a bad result after all.
See this as a similar game.
Just hope we play well and the fans have something to sing about.

They will be up for the game,... the Forster effect will have them chasing everything,... I think a 1-1 will be the likely outcome.

With that in mind, as much as NF might be likable and respectable with our fans and players - there's as much incentive for us to prove something to him and his players.

Yes, he is going to badly want to beat us, but if our players love The Gus, then they will be enthused to do their part to impress him!
It should be a given that if you wanted to help your own professional appearance, you'd REALLY want to win this one for 'the gaffer'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here