Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you support Palace if they played a foreign club in the Champions League final?

Would you want Palace to win if they were in the Champions League Final?

• Yes, I would want Palace to win

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • No, I would want Palace to lose

Votes: 69 72.6%
  • I DON'T know

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, especially if they were playing Barca.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I was born into a family of Palace fans so perhaps I could be forgiven if I have slightly divided loyalties. After all we're talking about a small, English club in with a chance of winning the biggest prize in club football ...

... but sod that. No no no no no no NO!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
NO. In fact I had the same call to make yesterday when rooting for AC Milan.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In that FA Cup final for the first time and only time in my life I wanted Man Utd to win and was eventually satisfied when they did, so its the same situation really, a bit fat no

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of couse.

Come on palace

Who are they playing?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
NO. In fact I had the same call to make yesterday when rooting for AC Milan.
:clap2: good man , and a big fat NO for me

89 of the other 91 clubs i would support in European quests if they ever got to them but not United or Palace ... simple :)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
What a pointless poll.

I think we've guessed that Brighton don't like Palace by now.

And on balance we've as much chance of getting to the CL final as you have of ever getting in the Premier League, ie very slim.

And while I'm here, with us staying in our respective divisions this year, next year will the 23rd YEAR in a row that we've ended up above you.

So all this is envy - and before you wallow in self pity the 23 years also includes a period between 1985 and 1997.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
paulie said:
What a pointless poll.

And on balance we've as much chance of getting to the CL final as you have of ever getting in the Premier League, ie very slim.

And while I'm here, with us staying in our respective divisions this year, next year will the 23rd YEAR in a row that we've ended up above you.

So all this is envy - and before you wallow in self pity the 23 years also includes a period between 1985 and 1997.
You brainless twat. (Although I suppose that's a bit obvious).

It's got everything to do with how far your patriotism for English clubs goes. The question is just as valid the other way round.

It has f*** all to do with envy, because there is absolutely no way I (or anyone else who isn't a brainless twat) could ever admit - even if it were true - to having anything to do with a festering collection of low-foreheaded, knuckle-dragging neanderthal Cro-Magnon throwbacks.

Wake up, you brainless twat.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
paulie said:
What a pointless poll.

i wouldnt rise to it.

It always amazes me how people would rather a foreign team would win a tournement over an english team.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Dave the Gaffer said:
It always amazes me how people would rather a foreign team would win a tournement over an english team.

Er... because it's not a national competition?

It's not one club representing the country, it's several clubs representing themselves.

The majority of these so-called 'English' clubs aren't English-owned or managed. They're multi-national companies, with more fans abroad than here, which happen to have their base in the UK.

As a neutral football fan in 2007, I feel no more connected to Chelsea than, say, Barcelona.

So there's your answer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wozza said:

It's not one club representing the country, it's several clubs representing themselves.

The majority of these so-called 'English' clubs aren't English-owned or managed. They're multi-national companies, with more fans abroad than here, which happen to have their base in the UK.

As a neutral football fan in 2007, I feel no more connected to Chelsea than, say, Barcelona.

So there's your answer.
Actually, what he said.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:

So there's your answer.
Spot on. Claiming any of the foreign-owned, foreign-managed, foreign-staffed clubs are 'English' is like claiming Coca-Cola is 'Indian' just because that's where they've got a bottling plant.

(Ok, it's not quite the same thing, but you get the point)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here