Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you still pick owen for england

Should Owen still be picked for england

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Owen just needs HESKEY to bring the best out of him.
If you're going to play Owen, its a complete waste of time partnering him with Rooney.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But in terms of his all-round game, he was poor. Just a peripheral figure with the game largely passing him by for long periods. Its not ENTIRELY his fault of course, as he's playing in a pretty ropey side. But I think Capello will want to see a lot more from his strikers during a game than a six-yard goalpoach.

The paucity of quality England strikers means Owen should of course be picked for the squad. But on current form, its hard to justify him starting.

But thats what England need...someone who in 90th min if they get the only chance will bag it. Owen would not sure about the others. Or should I say i would have more confidence in Owen scoring it than others.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But thats what England need...someone who in 90th min if they get the only chance will bag it. Owen would not sure about the others. Or should I say i would have more confidence in Owen scoring it than others.

I agree to an extent. But I don't think Capello is going to select a poacher - Owens going to need to get his game going outside the box far more as well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He WAS fantastic but as I said before he's lost his pace which is essential for an International striker given the way he plays. He won't manage repeats of his heroics against Argentina. Probably be good enough against Aberbaijain or Andorra though

He hasnt had pace for 5 years...yet has been banging for England in that time.
I beleive he can play with Rooney also. As i have said before the best display of England in recent times was when Owen and Rooney were both fit, was the warm up to the world cup when we beat Argentina 3-2, 2 for Owen and one for Rooney if i recall when they simply tore them apart as a pair.
They simply both havent been fit enough at the same time to say they cannot play together in my opinion.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
His goals very nearly saved Mclarren in the last Euro games.No team can disregard a goalscorer,although he may not start every game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Of he must get picked for England. He is a quality striker playing in a mediocre club side at the moment. Put him in a team of quality players and he shows what class he is.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He hasnt had pace for 5 years...yet has been banging for England in that time.
I beleive he can play with Rooney also. As i have said before the best display of England in recent times was when Owen and Rooney were both fit, was the warm up to the world cup when we beat Argentina 3-2, 2 for Owen and one for Rooney if i recall when they simply tore them apart as a pair.
They simply both havent been fit enough at the same time to say they cannot play together in my opinion.
Nail on the head again, totally agree. :)

Although it looks like he could well be out, with Walcott, Agbonlahor, Lennon and Beckham all probably in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here