Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sell (or loan out) COG in the January transfer window?

Would you sell (or loan out) COG in the January transfer window?

• Yes, I'd ship him out

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • No, I'd keep him

Votes: 206 95.4%

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If he wants to stay then I would keep him. If his family are happier up north then we'd struggle to keep him happy - family is more important than football.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We'd be crazy to let him go now. The only possible reason for letting him go is we sign another striker and he is really pushing for a move up north. If he's happy here, I would let CMS go ahead of him!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Depends really.

If we have (bear with me here) FFS, Ulloa, Chris Wood or someone like that coming in then by all means let him go.

If NOT then NO. Wait till Summer. I know there is the possible "settlement" in the South issue however with a guarantee he can go in the Summer but for next 3/4 mths we need you now.

This.

We need two target men in the squad, so either Best + COG or Best + another.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd have kept him when he wasn't in favour. I never really saw what fans were moaning about. Granted he does not run into space so as well as a more mobile style striker, but with most teams packing their defence, it is not always necessary.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
All depends on his family doesn't it. At the end of the day if they are up north and he's down here, he has to weigh up whether his career or family comes first.

Someone on here lives next door to him, he said the family all moved back in a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a no-brainer - keep. We have an intelligent manager and a striker who scored 15 Championship goals last season. On top of that CMS can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Keep him here.

I'm assuming he talked to the family about moving down south when he signed originally, and that they were happy enough to commit to three years. Then he got (in my mind) badly treated and was shipped out. Cue family either staying down here (away from him), or heading BACK up north. Now he is (hopefully) a regular fixture in the squad they will hopefully be happier that – this time – he ain't going anywhere. As someone posted here earlier (@8ace, I think), him being made to feel wanted is a big thing. I hope he isn't in any doubt that he IS wanted here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be fair I'd have said keep him even before last night.
Absolutely this. The difference he made when he came on at Charlton was noticeable. Other recent games too. Diplomatic when he complimented CMS for making his goal possible with all of his running about before being substituted.
His biggest problem was our previous manager and that isn't another cheap shot at SH. We are now seeing a couple of players that people on here had written off coming good. If not good then showing massive improvement. Last night he was also helped by having a decent midfield supporting him. He needs to score some goals but he is proving to be a handful for defenders and that allows others in.

I'm sure that Chris Hughton has finished his analysis of the squad and the team we saw against Ipswich needs little changes made-injuries aside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keep him.

Ship out CMS instead if we've got another incoming striker.

Even if we haven't, truly useless these days and it was born out even more seeing COG playing last night. There cannot be a future for CMS at the Albion, best for all if he leaves.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Keep him. Unless there is plans to spend money on a very decent striker, but i cant see that happening until the summer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The guy's put in some sturdy performances recently, so if he fancies it, then keeping him until the season end at least would be no bad thing. If his heart is elsewhere and the Sheffters are willing to pay, then set him free with a thankful enough wave. T'would be good enough if he stays, but not devastating if he departs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here