Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you replace Southgate mid tournament?

Would you ditch Southgate right now?

• Yes

Votes: 136 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 78 36.4%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The rumours are Southgate is very popular with the players so I don’t think it would benefit the team midway through a tournament. This will be his last tournament anyway he has said as much.

And whether we like it or not will leave as the second most successful ( but country mile) England manager of all time.
True but:

He reached a World Cup semi final losing three times and to the only quality teams they played

He reached a final on home soil

He reached a World Cup Quarter Final losing to the only decent team they played.

This is not to say he hasn't achieved, but to say he is a poor tactician, very negative and his chief selling point is the fact he is liked by the players. Which is probably the reason why the marks look good. 50% of international football is likeability.

Of course, it would be absurd and disrespectful to sack him in the middle of tournament and there is no good reason to do it. But England need to move on if it doesn't work out again and they can't get past a decent side. Still, long way to go. I do like Gareth, he's a decent bloke who doesn't deserve the ire he gets from folk who aren't as decent as him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We kicked off last night passed it back to Pickford who lumped it 70 yards onto a Danish players head. It was like watching Wimbledon.

Southgate and the fat man OUT Hopeless

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about we give him 45 minutes against Slovenia, and if he hasn't improved things, replace him at half time. Have his replacement sitting behind the dugout.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We kicked off last night passed it back to Pickford who lumped it 70 yards onto a Danish players head. It was like watching Wimbledon.

Southgate and the fat man OUT Hopeless
Meanwhile the Dutch played it around the back with a goalkeeper who did most of his work with his feet and whose occasional long pass out was pinpoint to a player from his own team. He also made a couple of really excellent saves too.

I didn't catch the name of the lad but I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in the EPL next season.

When I say starting.....I meant starting.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Shaw misses training again today and 'may not be involved in the tournament'. The guy who hasn't played since February and has a terrible injury record.

Great call from Gormless Gareth taking him, and as our only natural LB 👌

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here