Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Would you rather?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You say no one would ever know.

The goat would.

And I wouldn't want them bleating about it.

I did mention the goat would know. Ugh, if you ever crossed paths again, that knowing look...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
OK I didn't get the sort of articulate responses I was hoping for (the answer unfortunately, depressingly has to be A, if you think about it...)

Here's another

Would You Rather

A. Be Stabbed and Receive £3,000 - no guarantees as to the level of pain/injury, might be harmless, might be a hospital job.

B. Avoid the stabbing and pay £3,000 - take the financial hit to avoid a physical one.
WTF is wrong with you???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WTF is wrong with you???

Indeed. A most peculiar thread. What next? A discussion 'exploring' the 'positive' aspects of self-harming and anorexia, perhaps? :facepalm::wrong:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
OK I didn't get the sort of articulate responses I was hoping for (the answer unfortunately, depressingly has to be A, if you think about it...)

Here's another

Would You Rather

A. Be Stabbed and Receive £3,000 - no guarantees as to the level of pain/injury, might be harmless, might be a hospital job.

B. Avoid the stabbing and pay £3,000 - take the financial hit to avoid a physical one.

Please can you clarify the item I will be stabbed with and the number of times/area of the body? That, for me, is key here.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
office-backstabbing-back_biting-infectious-infections-corporate_environment-cwln4191_low.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Would You Rather

A. This thread was moved to 'The Other Stuff' forum so it could carry on quietly but you could ignore it

B. This thread was deleted because nobody needs this sort of stuff on their mind when we have a great sporting weekend ahead of us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OP

It's not the fact that you're starting a thread about boning livestock that makes you odd (OK well it does a bit). It's the fact that you then went to express seemingly genuine disappointment you didn't get an answer as sensible as the one you wanted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Please feel free to add your own favourites, but I'm always curious at people's reactions to this classic WYR?

Would You Rather?

A. Have intimate relations with a goat. Just once. In a private location. No one will ever know that this happened, other than you, and this goat. There is no way anyone could ever possibly find out, but it will always be in the back of your mind that this happened.

or

B. Not have intimate relations with a goat, but there is incredibly strong-looking evidence out there that you did, that you are not able to plausibly deny. You are the only person in the world who knows for certain that you didn't have intimate relations with any livestock of any description.

You have to pick one.

I think I can guess how people are going to vote:

The Welsh - Option A.
Everyone else - Option B.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would you rather:

A. Live in a peaceful, relatively stable and prosperous society, with the right to live, love, study and work in 27 countries

or

B. Have a blue passport

Oh, sorry, Wrong thread

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Please feel free to add your own favourites, but I'm always curious at people's reactions to this classic WYR?

Would You Rather?

A. Have intimate relations with a goat. Just once. In a private location. No one will ever know that this happened, other than you, and this goat. There is no way anyone could ever possibly find out, but it will always be in the back of your mind that this happened.

or

B. Not have intimate relations with a goat, but there is incredibly strong-looking evidence out there that you did, that you are not able to plausibly deny. You are the only person in the world who knows for certain that you didn't have intimate relations with any livestock of any description.

You have to pick one.

Again? Same goat as last time?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The second question asked by the OP is banal - 'how much do you value money' basically.

The first however is far more interesting

Putting aside the petty questions of the attractiveness of the goat etc

What it basically asks is: 'Does your self-worth arise from what you know of yourself and who you know yourself to be, or is it dependent on how you believe others perceive you?

That fact that, after some thought. most people will answer A tells us a lot about the nature of ourselves, our relationships and how society functions.

(is that better OP?)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you rather:

A. Live in a peaceful, relatively stable and prosperous society, with the right to live, love, study and work in 27 countries

or

B. Have a blue passport

Oh, sorry, Wrong thread

I got a new passport yesterday...it’s still Burgundy I thought they were rolling out the blue ones :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here