Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you rather lose to Italy on pens, or win ugly and then get hammered..........

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
...by the Germans convincingly?

hypothetical, but a bit of fun and neither scenario tastes good.

for me, i would cringingly just rather get to the semis and get hammered.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely rather get to the semis. Germany are the best team in the world, no shame at all losing to them.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
...by the Germans convincingly?

hypothetical, but a bit of fun and neither scenario tastes good.

for me, i would cringingly just rather get to the semis and get hammered.

why would it be a cringe if you win? you're talking shit.

Did you cringe when we beat Forrest at home?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Definatly get to the Semi's.

England are far more organised that they were 2 years ago and you never know, underdogs, playing Germany, revenge for SA. We could (BIG could) just pull it out of the bag.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said.

I can't see our quarters going to pens, anyway.
I think that game will be the hammering (I don't know who to), but the Germany game will be cagey.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
you're assuming Germany are in the semis, they still have 90 mins against Greece................ COME ON GREECE

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Of course he didn't. He KNEW that someone in the CIA had an in-game bet on us winning that one. I saw a video about it on youtube.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
The Germany Greece game will be about the Euro Bailout.

Angle Merkl will be betting on something like a 16:0 Germany win, with three Greeks getting red carded for time wasting. The Greeks will be forced to toe the line and the acquired funds will then be used to wipe next weeks Greek debt!

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Win against Italy for definite. There's no way any defeat against the Germans this time can be worse than in 2010, and at least we'll have gotten to the semi finals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After some thought (I've invested 30 seconds of my time in this) I will go for a thrashing by Germany. There is shame in it, but I think it's important to learn that we're not very good.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

the sentence meant that i would cringe at the [grouped alternative] of sneaking past italy (ugly) AND getting hammered by Germany. Getting hammered by Germany would make me cringe....but i can see how it could have been read.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Of course he didn't. He KNEW that someone in the CIA had an in-game bet on us winning that one. I saw a video about it on youtube.

gfaaw gfaaw gfaaw stereotyping me on any thread you can is a sign you are a bit of a fool. are you following me? do you think about me at night? weirdo.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The question seems to be "Would you rather England win or lose the quarter final of the European Championships?".

I think I'll go with.....................WIN.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd like us to win both, although this would create a nasty dilemma for me as the final is the same day as the wife's birthday :(

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
My Ideal Euro 2012 would be us winning ugly against Italy if needs must. I don't care how, win at all costs. Then surprisingly Greece dump on ze Germans, an own goal would be nice - Germans bailing out the greeks again. Then we beat Greece in the semi final.

While over in the other half of the draw, Portugal get beat by the Czechs, Spain smash the French and in that semi the Czech's do over the Spanish.

Nicely setting up a Czech Rep V England final. Which we win of course. happy days all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here