Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather : Brighton Beat Yeovil OR England Beat Croatia

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What is your choice, and why?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Blatently Brighton beating yeovil... Brighton need to bounce back from their 4-1 drubbing.... England are expected to lose, and this thread is like saying what would you rather... Brighton win the league or England qualify for the world cup.... I know which I'd prefer... and it wouldn't be the latter :p

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
England to beat Croatia, definitely. The world cup is only every four years, if England win tonight it'll go a long way to helping us qualify. Whatever Brighton do against Yeovil I doubt it'll have a major bearing on our season. And if it does...well there's always next season, whereas the next world cup would be 2014.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
of course three points on saturday. we won't finish above croatia whatever the result tonight. another disappointing performance/result against one of the worst teams in the league would compound every brighton fans misery and pressure could begin to mount on the players/management. we need to win on saturday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion have got another 40-odd games to sort ourselves out for a tilt at the top 6.
Whereas if England f*** this up, theres a more than probable chance we'll be watching the next WC as neutrals. And that is simply unacceptable.

ENGLAND for me.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Where's the poll Darren, where's the mother-f***ing poll?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
England to beat Croatia, definitely. The world cup is only every four years, if England win tonight it'll go a long way to helping us qualify. Whatever Brighton do against Yeovil I doubt it'll have a major bearing on our season. And if it does...well there's always next season, whereas the next world cup would be 2014.

Yes, but it dosen't really matter what happens tonight we still have plenty of other games to qualify.... and it's not as though we are going to come anywhere near winning the world cup, especially with a new manager :wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, but it dosen't really matter what happens tonight we still have plenty of other games to qualify.... and it's not as though we are going to come anywhere near winning the world cup, especially with a new manager :wave:

Oh it does matter, BIG time.
ONE place up for grabs for definite qualification, and Croatia are the main team to beat for that - and I wouldn't put Ukraine out of the equation either.

We lose this, and we're chasing them for the next 2 years. And theres not enough games to overhaul them unless they have a surprise defeat somewhere.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Albion have got another 40-odd games to sort ourselves out for a tilt at the top 6.
Whereas if England f*** this up, theres a more than probable chance we'll be watching the next WC as neutrals. And that is simply unacceptable.

ENGLAND for me.

I disagree... I don't think if we lose tonight they'll be a more than probable chance that we won't qualify BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | England's World Cup task Who is going to beat us apart from croatia in this group ???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

No, we don't. We have a total of twelve games to qualify. Only the group winner is guaranteed to qualify. Us, Ukraine and Croatia are definitely going to beat Andorra home and away. Most likely we'll all beat Kazakstan and Belarus home and away too. That means too qualify it comes down to the games against each other. Thus a defeat is a fair set back whilst a victory,especially away from home, is a big result.

Brighton will have 40 more games to play after Yeovil. We're not going to win the league. At best, we're going to make the play offs and to do that you can afford to lose 12-14 games. Defeat to Yeovil really wouldn't be too big of a setback.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Oh it does matter, BIG time.
ONE place up for grabs for definite qualification, and Croatia are the main team to beat for that - and I wouldn't put Ukraine out of the equation either.

We lose this, and we're chasing them for the next 2 years. And theres not enough games to overhaul them unless they have a surprise defeat somewhere.

I don't think ukraine will turn us over Ukraine Soccer Team, Ukraine Football Team, Ukraine World Cup Soccer Team, Ukraine Soccer Team Players Look at their squad , no-one good apart from Shevchenko (who is over rated anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here