Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you play a weakened team v Liverpool?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I remember reading in a footballers autobiography (might have been Cascarino's) that footballers hate playing 2 games in 3 days.

It isn't until the 3rd day that their bodies are fully recovered from the exertion of playing 90 (or even 120) minutes.

So, given the Leeds games is 2 days after the Liverpool game, if it was your decision would you rest some/all of the first team squad for the cup tie? Or would you risk a below par peformance against Leeds?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd play a full team but rotate some players out where there are tired legs and there are alternative players in their position, which I what I think Gus will do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hell no

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
FA Cup - Full Strength

Carling - Full Strength + some rotation

Leeds has to be more the priority. Concerns me the Sunderland game was a right bruising encounter..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The midfield and wingers have enough strength in depth to rotate without any issues. It's whether we rest Greer, Dunk, Calderon, Painter, Barnes and CMS for either game that I am unsure on

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we dont have a weakened team to offer them :D

but seriously, the Palarse game is 4 days after the Leeds, so it anything applied to Liverpool/Leeds should apply to Leeds/Palarse. the players involved in the Liverpool game are likly to be best rested for the Palarse game.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I think we should make changes. I'd like to see Vincelot (in defence), Navarro, Sparrow, the two Wills and Lua Lua start the game . Oh and I nearly forgot - a 20 minute cameo from the Dagger.

Would that feel like a particularly weakened team to you?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
we dont have a weakened team to offer them :D

but seriously, the Palarse game is 4 days after the Leeds, so it anything applied to Liverpool/Leeds should apply to Leeds/Palarse. the players involved in the Liverpool game are likly to be best rested for the Palarse game.
Agreed! Unless he's going to play any of the Development squad (or maybe Breznovan in goal) then out of our current 1st team squad I don't think we've got a 'weak' team, merely a 'different' one.

When all the injured players come back God knows how he'll keep everybody happy; come the FA Cup we'll be praying for replays so that everyone can get a game!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we get kicked to bits at Leicester so we might not be able to field our strongest team. Its a good job it is on the Wednesday. Lucas might be a problem in midfield. Just how Gus deals with this threat will be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here