Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you pay for NSC?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to be clear - there's no need for anyone to pay and, if you did, we'd only spend it on (more) gin and curry.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would if it was under threat of closing down just because of the hard work people put into it.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If people had to pay to use NSC, this would drive at least 90 per cent of the idiots away. And NSC without its idiots wouldn't be NSC. So it wouldn't be worth paying for.

Mmmmm, so if we don't pay anything we keep 'the idiots' (inc me) and if we do, nothing changes? A bit like politics really.
That said, and I take the point that forums don't usually pay, but if it was a few quid to buy the Mods a pizzup I'd chip in as NSC'ing fills up gaps in my otherwise boring existence. And would I want to sit there overseeing crap comments for hours? Absolutely not!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
About ten years ago I would have said yes. Now, probably not. Then again, a fee would probably weed out some of the complete arses. But would also get rid of some of the entertaining arses. Oh I don't know.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
NSC is one of the few things that go against the old saws, such as............You only get what you pay for.
No such thing as a free lunch.
You don't get something for nothing.
Etc.

This must have come up before but would you? I definitely would as by and large it is part of my entertainment package (football, Sky, cinema etc.) and I pay for those other things. Aslo, it might cut down the troll quotia.

Defo people should pay but posters like myself should be excused as we provide concise and informative information to the wider slightly naive footballing public! Without us the clamour to come on nsc chat to be educated would dry up:moo:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I pay £10 a year to stay a member of UK GSers (Biker forum). But I do that to get tech help when I need it.

OOOH! Me too. Are you what is known as a "tosser"'cos it's an expression I heard when talking to a fellow GS Adventure rider in 't pub?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the past - probably
currently - no
in the future - who knows?

My albion mojo is quite low and has been since the Gus Debacle. I also think my NSC mojo has taken a bit of a knock thanks to the overuse of the term bedwetters (often to dismiss someone else point rather than debate them/destroy their position with facts), and some of the 'I'm a better fan because I'm not so negative' posts, I have increasingly found myself stopping mid-reply and thinking 'sod it, it's not worth it', so seriously doubt I'd be willing to pay at the moment.

But, who knows, a change of fortunes would probably make a lot of posters on here happy and as tolerant as they have previously been of occasional moaners, and it might make me more inclined to pay in the future.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh I'd probably stump up £50 so that I could sack all the moderators and this place could be a million times better.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not in zillion years, and I really value it. I should be paid to be on NSC rather than the other way around. It's us authors that keep the readership up. We keep the onlookers coming on the site, which in turn results in ad spend.

The question should be aimed at the silent regular visitors - those that haven't even registered - would you pay for NSC? Come on yer buggers, register and tell us!

My albion mojo is quite low and has been since the Gus Debacle. I also think my NSC mojo has tLaken a bit of a knock thanks to the overuse of the term bedwetters (often to dismiss someone else point rather than debate them/destroy their position with facts), and some of the 'I'm a better fan because I'm not so negative' posts, I have increasingly found myself stopping mid-reply and thinking 'sod it, it's not worth it', so seriously doubt I'd be willing to pay at the moment

This, that and the other

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd prefer a "Friends of NSC" approach I.e. Those that can/would like to make a contribution can do so but equally it in no-way affects people who want to use the site for free. This approach works well with numerous other important cultural areas , NSC could benefit as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here