Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you move your seat along one place to help the club get rid of single seats?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unless you sit on an aisle why would you NOT move along one seat to help someone out?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is always better to sit with a friend or family member than on your own.

You speak for yourself. A lot of the people I know are terrible company during football. I'm much happier doing my own thing, nice as though it is to go with company every now and again, I always enjoy the game a lot more when I can do as I wish. Turn up whenever, eat whatever, drink whatever... However anti-social that sounds, to all the people who go with someone else... wouldn't you like the occaisonal bit of freedom?!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Another option is that the club use some of the random single seats as comps, you only have to look over to the east stand towards the away fans to realise that a large proprtion of the comps go unused.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You speak for yourself. A lot of the people I know are terrible company during football. I'm much happier doing my own thing, nice as though it is to go with company every now and again, I always enjoy the game a lot more when I can do as I wish. Turn up whenever, eat whatever, drink whatever... However anti-social that sounds, to all the people who go with someone else... wouldn't you like the occaisonal bit of freedom?!

Fair point. I love a bit of me time. I have been to games on my own, gigs on my own and even foreign trips although I usually go in advance of others and have a few days on my own before others fly out to meet me. It's incredibly relaxing pottering around and doing your own shit.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Absolutely NOT. Going to the match once every two weeks IS freedom! I work hard, I look after my wife and kids and ONE day a fortnight I get to go out with the lads, have a piss up before, during and after and watch the Albion. Couldn't think of anything worse than going on my own every week (I respect your views though)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's all about personal preference, innit? The main problem with going on your own is that you never know who you're going to end up sitting next to. Even worse if you're getting a single season ticket, and you have to put up with being surrounded by tw*ts all season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like how social the football is as much as the next guy, but I kind of prefer keeping my Amex life seperate from the real world... I went to 5 games last season with company, and much as I enjoy sharing such a brilliant match day experience with someone else, I like my crowd in the East. Going with someone else means a change of seat for me, which I'm not against because it's nice to experience different areas and different atmospheres within the ground, and I tend to find I enjoy the game a bit less. Probably because the people I've gone with aren't seasoned Brighton fans. But even if they were, I think I would prefer to still have gone on my own because you're not alone when you get there. Luckily for me, I'm a season ticket holder and you can't be anywhere in the ground without being surrounded by other ST holders, so you're not alone at all, you have all your Amex acquaintances to talk to and catch up with. I don't like some of the people around me, as is life, but I like the seat and I like the odd disagreement with certain people.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have no problem moving one seat either way if asked by the club but the row I sit in was full last season so that would not be likely to happen unless a STH either didnt renew or passed away. It is always much easier for the club to sell 2 seats together than 1 here and there.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
If the club contacted you to move along one place(with your mates) ,would you move ? This would help to get rid of the single seats.
I would be more than happy to help out. I can understand if you have a gangway seat but if you are in the middle of a row it just would not matter.
It is always better to sit with a friend or family member than on your own.

I only need 1 seat

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
We have a situation like this next where one of our group has dropped his season ticket leaving a seat empty/ for a new occupant in the middle of our group just hoping they will be willing to swop with the person on the other side of me (who is end of a row) so our group can stay together

If anyone has a new season ticket in the North stand/Block C/ row M :bigwave: i might be your new neighbor

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean

Deffo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here