Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you LIKE it to RAIN for the last ever Withdean experience?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
With the outlook looking IFFY for Saturday's weather, it got me thinking.

Would you like the last ever Withdean match to be a RAINFEST

Of course, it would be LOVELY to wake up on Saturday morning and it be GLORIOUS sunshine, but to me it almost seems RIGHT if the last time I walk away from the athletics track I will hear the intense pitter patter of the drops hitting those green seats.

This would further emphasis the EXCITEMENT of having a ROOF next season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It must do.

Thinking about it this has probably been one of the dryest seasons.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i would love it to rain. i want to wear my poncho one last time

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't remember a game that has been in the rain at Withdean this season

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
rain like the friday night game against Rochdale about 6 years ago, 4-0 down and the ground emptied!!! swirling wind, cold, just f***ing horrible, but i stayed till the bitter end!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thinking about it this has probably been one of the dryest seasons.

very likly. apparently March was the 2nd driest on record and December driest since 1970-something (there wasnt that much snow overall, just big dumps of it at a time).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
rain UP UNTIL the point when Gordon comes up to lift the league 1 cup ... then glorious sunshine as the clouds pass

Perfect.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone remember that Millwall game a few years back? We won 4-1, but pissed down with rain and was blood freezing. Tranmere 0-0 was also awful.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Anyone remember that Millwall game a few years back? We won 4-1, but pissed down with rain and was blood freezing. Tranmere 0-0 was also awful.

Millwall game was the wettest I can remember over the years. Most of the Millwall supporters left at half-time. I had my poncho on, but still got soaked to the skin. Wallet was soggy, phone stopped working, an absolute shocker :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
IF it rains, I think there will be an element of devil may care - a one-last-time wgaf of celebratory madness, a throwing off of inhibition, and all the stewards will lead the way by getting completely naked.

.........possibly going just a little too far but can only agree with the sentiment :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here