Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like Argentina to be at the World Cup?

Yes or No. Simples.

• Total voters

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
no, i would f***ing LOVE it if they didnt qualify

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think they have to earn the place. No team deserves to be in the world cup simply for their history or one player. If they can't get the results needed in their local group stage, they don't deserve to b there, even if it means missing out on Messi.

As for whether I want them to earn their place? I'm undecided. Might be harder to win with them, though if they struggle to qualify, they may not be the usual force. Without them, there'd be a little less skill and we'd miss out on the drama of us facing them again. England/Argentina games always seem a little tasty, if it happens we'd have the added feature of Maradonna as their manager.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
f*** 'em! I hope they fail to qualify for this and any future World Cup and if failing to qualify this time wrecks Maradona's hero status in Argentina, even better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I want to see the best teams playing in a World Cup and Argentina certainly are. They have a rubbish manager who probably isn't good enough to lead them to a World Cup title, so I'm hoping they'll make it.

Lionel Messi. :bowdown:

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Always enjoy seeing Argentina fail, and with Bloater-dona at the healm it makes it all the more satisfying. So, no.

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
no! history has taught us the Argies are arguably the most undignfied team ever, 1966, Marradona & co cheating in 1986, and their antics after beating us in 1998 - taughting the England players from their team coach.

mind you, Uruguay hardly empitomise fair play...............

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Abso-bloody-lutely...if England win the World Cup I want them to be beating sides like Argentina, Germany and France along the way...just so nobody can say that we had it easy just because none of the big sides were there.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i voted yes as im going and would rather see messi play in the flesh than uruguay! of course if they knock us out i wll regrett this

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. Gives us more of a chance of winning.

Sorry don't wish to be pedantic but it's writen in England's pre-competition contract!

"You reach the Quarter-Finals, You go No Nearer, No Further!"

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The good news is that Argentina getting through means Messi will be free to play against Real Madrid in a few weeks' time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here