Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have taken this before the tournament?

Would you have taken these two results before the WC started?

• Yes

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Before the WC started, if you were offered the two results England have had, 1-0 and 2-0, would you have taken it?

Well stop moaning then :salute:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yoda said:
I'm not moaning.

When was the last time we'd qualified from our group at a World Cup with a game to spare? ???

Exactly. There will be some twat that votes 'no' though. Will be the same sort of person that thought we should have been mid-table last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:
Exactly. There will be some twat that votes 'no' though. Will be the same sort of person that thought we should have been mid-table last season.

Yes but does that mean you can't be pissed off with the performances and the fact that we made such hard work of beating two shit teams?

I'm obviously a twat but I hoped for midtable mediocrity but expected probable relegation btw :salute: :lol:

Mine is not the NO vote either!

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Icy Gull said:
Yes but does that mean you can't be pissed off with the performances and the fact that we made such hard work of beating two shit teams?

I'm obviously a twat but I hoped for midtable mediocrity but expected probable relegation btw :salute: :lol:

No, but the point is we won so I dont see the problem. Playing badly and winning is the sign of a good side. Brazil wern't exactly magnificent the other night, were they? If we play badly against the better teams in the latter stages then you can be pissed off.

And you are not a twat because you HOPED for mid table mediocrity but expected relegation. You didn't think we SHOULD have been mid table.

Personally I hoped for promotion and to win the FA Cup, but expected relegation.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cant believe someone has actually voted no. I assume that wasn't serious? If so, whoever you were, what results would you have taken?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Each display in friendlies and competitive mode takes these millionaires a helicopter journey further from me and what i wish. So, i am disappointed in their play, their characteristics, their lack of cultural progression and post-match comments. No steps in dance. Just a ballistic ballet that John Woo would disown.

I'm English and moaning is the one blessing i was handed as my head shook itself free my mother's womb some 30 and 11/12s years ago.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes I would have taken the results before the world cup.

I also expected us to stay up (only just) and with a change of manager after the Cov cup game we would have done. Nothing will ever change my point of view on that unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 2719

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

I also expected us to stay up (only just) and with a change of manager after the Cov cup game we would have done. Nothing will ever change my point of view on that unfortunately.

As this man says.

:thumbsup:

Our relegation was avoidable - but that is history.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:

Mine is not the NO vote either!

That would be the same shit teams that Sweden drew against and won witha goal in the last minute.

I was as frustrated as anyone, but at the end of the day its all about qualification.

We all know that the weakness we have is getting Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham to play together. the defence is solid, with Rooney back, hopefully we should be better upfront.

My main worry is still scoring goals. A picky ref would have cancelled our Crouch's goal for climbing!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
. the defence is solid, !!!

You missed all the one on ones in the 2nd half then, looked decidely iffy to me?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
You missed all the one on ones in the 2nd half then, looked decidely iffy to me?

Sorry Icy...we have played two games and not let a goal in yet. I would settle for that any time.

In fact when was the last time we let a goal in....?

....and you are always going to get one on ones....these are supposed to be the best teams from qualification groups, therefore I would expect them to be able to attack. Even when there was 1 on 1 I was never convinced they would beat Robinson anyway.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Terry has played well
Ferdinand is a pea brained twat and erraticly unreliable
A Cole is a liability when he goes forward as he never gets back
G Neville is relaible but injured
I thought Beckahm played well there with Lennon on the right wing

Our defense is ok, but it hasn't been tested yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports