Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you go to Wembley to watch BHAFC in the Paint Pot ?.

Paint Pot final

• Yes I would go

Votes: 150 93.2%
  • Maybe - depends whats on the tele that day

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • No - Its a waste of everyones time

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The league is ALL that matters and I feel this worhless bit of silverware can be used as an excuse for what is shaping up to be a wholely unsatisfactory season.

It's very important from a financial point of view though.

OK, it's not going to clear our debts but I understand it's £250,000 to the winner plus gate and TV revenue etc

But yes, surviving in this division is the most important target this season.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It's very important from a financial point of view though.

OK, it's not going to clear our debts but I understand it's £250,000 to the winner plus gate and TV revenue etc

But yes, surviving in this division is the most important target this season.

So by time the whole competition is won, with the Shrewsbury game being on TV it will be about £1, 000, 000?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I simply could not turn down the chance to watch the team I love playing at a stadium like Wembley...now of course the JPT may not be the most prestigious of trophies, and in a dream world we'd all like to go there to watch the Albion in an FA Cup Final, but any true Albion fan surely has to take this chance should it come along...who knows when (or God fordbid, if) we might have another one?

Of course, let us not forget that we have to get past Shrewsbury and the Area Final first.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I would LOVE to know who the 4 no's are, and I suspect either they aren't Albion fans, or they are bullshitting!

Last edited:

. I mean can you really take a competition that used to called the Sherpa Van Trophy seriously ?

Well 72,000 did in 1987 when Mansfield beat Bristol C on penalties (City took 40,000). A memorable day out, and the Civic Reception - still vivid 21 years on. Mansfield men are telling their sons and even grandsons "I was there"; let's hope you will be able to do the same in 2029!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So by time the whole competition is won, with the Shrewsbury game being on TV it will be about £1, 000, 000?

No way near thtat.The club loses loads of cash holding these matches at home.Prize money is crap.Doncaster got around 300k winning this.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I would LOVE to know who the 4 no's are, and I suspect either they aren't Albion fans, or they are bullshitting!

Im one of the "no's" and reasons I have posted above. freedom of choice and fair lay if you want to go, but its not a day i would enjoy and so i'm a no.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I said no but in reality I may go depending on what is on tele that day and I do not have the clean out the Hamsters cage.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Excellent! Keep us posted!

I may go to the shop and buy some milk in a minute, but in all honesty it depends if it is open and whether I can be bothered!

Tomorrow I'll probably go to the gym, although it's been shut for two weeks, and if I'm ill or tired I won't!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am thinking of making a mug of hot Ribena in a minute. I am not decided and will keep you updated as to the developements.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Knowing my luck i wont be able to get a ticket as my orient northampton swindon ticket stubbs will be no certification that i support my team other than one game a year.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Been to all the games so far, so would be rude not to.

Still a long way to go though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here