• Not sure.

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Fragmented Badger said:
He's obviously staying. 1) Because Albion NEVER release anyone unless they are seriously bad, ie McCammon. 2) Race has gone from going totally mental every time the contract saga is brought up, and showing loads of frustration towards the club and their general ineptitude, to now seeming quite calm about it. I reckon that means Butters, and probably about 6 of the others, are all staying.

I reckon that "reading into something that's just not there" must win a prize:clap2:

I'm too ill to go totally mental :( but I can still do frustrated :angry:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
No, although I am not sure it would teach them a lesson. Most players that want to leave would have said anyway. Extenuating circumstances (Bloom/McGhee) might be the cause of the delay. Did they not say that some players are away?

The Bloom thing is a red herring, IMHO... if DK and MM were professional, which they aren't, then this would all have been sorted out several weeks ago... and I thought most countries had a telephone network nowadays?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Love that current poll result:

Yes - They should wait... 1
No - It may teach the club a lesson... 27

Fence-sitters... 3...

I'm with the majority...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Kinky Gerbils said:
The players if some of the out of contract players turned around and told the club they had enough of the club mucking around and left on a Bosman?

lets face it, most of them would end up working at Tesco . . .theres not exactly a national shortage of players and we could probably get half the Polish/Romanian world cup squad for £20 a week each with the new EU work rulings

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Agree with Silent Bob and Sully on this one, yet another idiotic thread with people speculating on something they know very little about. The announcement about who stays and who goes will be made when ALL the players have been spoken too not on an individual basis. As proved above some people know their outcome already but are not at liberty to say until everybody elses is sorted.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But if you look at other clubs - BW. We have got far much more going on than most. With our dodgy finances, we have to be careful when we release players with an aim to replacing them. Eg If we release Harty, can we get someone that can replace him? Would we have to pay a fee?

We have been told that a joint announcement will be made when this has all been decided. Were we also told that a couple of players have been away? That will delay things. They might well know now. We won't find out straight away. We are not that important in this process.

As far as the mini-boardroom revolt was concerned, I think it would have taken a while to sort that out. Bloom admitted he wanted McGhee sacked and no decision would be made until that was sorted out.

The final stage, negotiating contracts will not be an immediate thing. I am sure you will agree that a player is likely to mull over his contract offer for a while rather than signing straight away.

Perhaps DK was a little naive setting a deadline, as many things can crop up. Negotiating etc.

I don't think I am wearing rose-tinted glasses, just trying to be realistic and look at both sides of the coin.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
B.W. said:
Love that current poll result:

Yes - They should wait... 1
No - It may teach the club a lesson... 27

Fence-sitters... 3...

I'm with the majority...

Could it just be that most of us don't see the point in voting? :nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Its so obvious the remaining players were offered contracts. If they were gonna let any go we would have heard by now. I think its just a case of who signs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:
Its so obvious the remaining players were offered contracts. If they were gonna let any go we would have heard by now. I think its just a case of who signs.

Agree with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here