Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy if someone with a tea-towel on their head bought the Albion??

Yay or Nay??

• Yes

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well.............

:jester:

southerncounties-worthing-hart-ian.jpg

100_Cotton_Tea_Towel.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
338646345_ec43b003ce.jpg

now i know why you were chucked out of cheltenham :angry:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
My daughter was roaming around with a tea towel on her head and a tiara on top.

She has about £1.50 in her piggy bank.

That do?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tell her not to expect any of her £1.50 back and that she may be liable to cover large losses for the forseeable future. :D

and make sure she can pay the st johns ambulance bills

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Too effing right I would be happy.
I used to think that I didn't want MY BHA to be taken away and given to the prawn sandwich brigade and I still don't want that to happen but now if someone comes in, puts shed loads of money in to the club and gets us promoted I'd be extremely happy. I am fed up with us being a third rate organization.
The massive gulf between the premiershite and the championship has now widened so much that no clubs that go up can compete without throwing huge chunks of money at the team - same goes for the gulf between league one and the championship. Football is now awash with so much money at the top level that it is beyond the comprehension of any of us normal fans. I mean Robinho is to be paid £94k a week AFTER tax if you believe the papers - I don't know about anybody else but it would take me a few years to earn the sort of money that he is to get paid in a week. And when all is said and done what sort of important life saving job does he do ? Could we live without him - I do rather think we could.
:rant:
But having said all that yes I think we would have to grab the opportunity with both hands if someone tries to take us over and lets us be able to compete at that level because currently we could not compete at championship level and certainly could not compete anywhere near the premiership. If we want the Albion to be successful (which most of us do) we have to take the money if it is offered to us otherwise it's never going to happen. Were we to get promoted this year we would have to throw serious amounts of cash at the team to do even stay in the championship

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Happy providing the finance is there and sustainable, I predict Chelsea will fold in the not too distant future.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No thanks

Attachments

• shariah_law.jpg
    shariah_law.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 435

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I agree, it is getting ridiculous, in the sense that it is getting to the point where the Premier League is furthering itself away from the lower leagues. Half the teams field 90+ % multi million pound foreign players week in, week out, yet we wonder why England cant qualify for the Euros, and why we have very few up and coming youth talent.

:rant:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Seriously i would love it.Why not? Being in Europe and putting our club on the map.Lets have an oil rich Arab as chairman.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
The question is not if you would like a person with a tea towel on their head to buy Brighton (as most people would say yes to that question, but if you would like them to
(a) Get rid of all the current players
(b) Have a youth system that consists of London based young players
(c) "strengthen" the squad with players whose names you can not mention.

I for one disagree with this, if you want to watch Italians play football, go to Italy.

If a person with a tea towel on their head can buy Brighton but preserve the way it is, a "fan owned" club and keep the feeling of fans being a part of it, then yes!

Also another question...would DK look better with a tea towel on his head?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Happy providing the finance is there and sustainable, I predict Chelsea will fold in the not too distant future.

When he first put the money in I seem to remember that Abramovich said that they had to be self supporting in 10 years. I reckon he is on about his 5th year and according to press etc his interest seems to be on the decline as he misses many games now, so what will they do in 5 years if he sticks to his word.

Archer's finance was there and sustainable. The Albion nearly folded.

Wouldn't we all prefer BHAFC to be run for our needs, rather than on the whim of someone who had simply bought the club as a toy?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord B

The difference is talking about the Arabs you are talking about mega rich people not rich greedy ones trying to make more which is how it appeared with Archer & Co.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here