Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
We sort of have Le Harve

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
watsongooal said:
We sort of have Le Harve

I don't think feeder clubs are supposed to thrash their big club master everytime they play them though are they? Have we ever not lost to Le Havre???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I guess we aspire to beating Le Havre, we will eventually, it is called the law of averages. I get so much stick for being an Albion fan, a lot of people ask why we don't play in the French league as we are that far south...could it be that the board have a hidden agenda in case we don't get Falmer?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A feeder club for England and Brazil would be good.

Otherwise its a no no no no no.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not sure about that, both Arsenal and Man Utd have feeder clubs in Belgium, they are I believe Beveren and Royal Antwerp respectively.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Feeder club NEVER :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Brighton til i die

That arsehole Mourinho going on about Chelski should be allowed to have second string in Championship made me spit bullets. If he really wants that tell him to bump off his Russian paymaster and without the dirty money he would soon get his wish. Although it would be his first team doing it at least for one season as they plummet through the leagues.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a feeder club to another definitely NO but I can not see a problem in the Premiership clubs putting reserves, not Youth Team, into a lower league under their own name.. The major drawback is that they would probably win the league and the JPT etc so promotion and cup entry would have to be forbidden. The good side is we would see better players playing in our division.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The question is then, how many teams would you allow to enter a reserve side, what level would they have to start at and would you allow them to join by expanding the league or booting someone out to make way?

I have to say that the whole idea is laughable, I would be more than slightly hacked off if it was my team who had to make way for the Young Hotspurs, Anfield Athletic or Emerging Emirates...regardless of whether they joined in the Championship or Ryman Division 2.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think someone mentioned that this arrangement already exists in Spain, but there is a rule whereby the reserve team cannot be promoted to the highest division, but my feeling is that there isn't as much interest or support for teams outside the top couple of divisions anyway. Look at the non-league teams in England, in the Conference many crowds are as high, or higher, than many teams in Division 2, a lot of teams in the Conference North and South get up to 1k attendances, that is a lot of people to hack off by allowing the change.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gully said:
The question is then, how many teams would you allow to enter a reserve side, what level would they have to start at and would you allow them to join by expanding the league or booting someone out to make way?

B]

As a suggestion they could start their own league as Conference 2 and then gain promotion up to but not beyond Div 1. Conference team gets relegated to Conference 2 and then the teams relegated from Conf 2 go the same route as those relegated from the Conference now.

The ideal situation would be to run a reserve league with promotion and relegation in tandem with the existing league but the cost would probably be too high. Could however be restricted to 1 division with 2 regional divisions as per the old Div III South and North.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BG, so you reckon they could start a Conference league 2, we already have that as part of the football pyramid, they are called Conference North and South...this would just upset the balance of things as they stand. A team I have watched a few times called Horsham might have something to say about all this, they have been bumping around the lower levels of the Ryman league for years but must now have a chance of making it up to Conference South...if you want to tell their supporters that they are denied promotion then you are a brave man.

Unless of course we end up with a sort of parallel Conference, most of the Premiership lives in a parallel universe...they would get on very well together.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
attila said:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although in a punk rock sense we are.

I think (though I'm not sure') that every time I've played 'Just a Day'
we've won!

that is the case :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here