• I may go it sounds interesting

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • I would definately not go

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Gareth is the greatest Mortgage Broker in Town

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

They are established but again 95% of the crowd will be teenagers and early 20's.

Not so. Have you ever been to an event at the Lewes Con Club?

Live Music Gigs in Lewes

If you want cheap or free admission to gigs, you can join. They have an interesting Q&A page about membership:-

Q – But isn’t it a Conservative Club?
A – No it is not a political club. The Club is affiliated to the ACC (Association of Conservative Clubs) and subject to the rules of the FSA (Financial Services Authority) any members joining the Club do not have to be a member of the Conservative Party and member’s details will certainly not be passed onto the Conservative Association. But by joining the Club any member is expected not to do anything that may be derogatory to the Conservative Party.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, Ed but I can't see the 40 and 50 something affluent Lewes crowd coming along to a Sigue Sigue Sputnik gig tbh. Their excitement probably peaks at what sort of cake to have at Bills with their coffee in the morning.

It depends on what you are looking for, Gareth.

From what I understand about your current aspirations ... I would heartlily recommend Lewes Con Club on a Friday night. Even the Sigue Sigue Sputnik gig.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I get your drift Ed :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You had THREE good idea there, FOUR if you count Eds as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

From what I understand about your current aspirations ... I would heartlily recommend Lewes Con Club on a Friday night. Even the Sigue Sigue Sputnik gig.

The Tubthumpers will be at the show, and I'll wait until closing time to "be derogatory to the Conservative Party." I'm bullish, but not stupid...do not want to get slung out prior to the gig.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Its an incredibly difficult market to cater for, I have tried it many times and been hit and miss, the thing is with the over 30s crowd you dont really get big groups of them going out, just 2s or 3s and if they are in groups its invariably hen or stag parties.

Plus the other challenge is getting them to try something new, established nights like guilty pleasures and we love pop for example are aimed at the over 30s and are busy, thats half the job done, people want a guarantee the place will be busy.

New hero was never really the right venue for this, they have had the 1986(?) night packing them in there for ages and peopel will just turn up expecting that. People dont really give a f*** about who is runnning the thing just is it busy are the drinks cheap and whats the likely hood i will cop off. keep at it mate find another venue and i wish you all the best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe try and build a following with (and I hate this term) pub 'pop-ups'? I'm sure you could take over a pub on a Frday or Saturday night, once a month, advertise like hell, different pub each month, build a crowd and once you've got a following take it from there.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
oh and watch this space for a new drum n bass/electro indie/alternative eighties night coming soon....

its cool i will check with bozza first.:)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. I was there a few Fridays ago to see a band called Fat 45. Cheap beer (for us anyway as we're used to Brighton prices) and a nice little garden with a fire! The band 'room' itself is ok (about the size of the Richmond or whatever it's called now) although it DOES look like a pub functon room. Nice stage and house PA though, I'd happily play there. The only bad news was we had to leave before the end to catch the last bus.

We saw the Sigue Sigue Sputnik gig advertised and thought it was an odd place for them to play.

One thing: isn't the 'con' short for 'constitutional' rather than 'conservative'? Not that I care, indeed if I lived in Lewes I'd be tempted to join it as it hasn't got much else in the way of nightlife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here