Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Gareth is the greatest Mortgage Broker in Town

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am off the board now so I shall see you all at New Hero tonight 9.30 pm.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The night was a big success with over 200 people coming along. Kaney and the Complete Badger came along and are legends. Others wimped out after having a few shandies too many. I was 20 years too old but still gave it my best shot. I hope others will come along for Divadrome 2 especially over 30's !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sadly Divadrome is no more so there won't be events 2 and 3. Thanks for bearing with my relentless plugging.

Now where is that ad for the Solar Panels salesman ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza

Upon reflection 95% of the crowd on Saturday were the usual New Hero crowd and my efforts and marketing and trying to get an older clientele along failed. The whole concept of Divadrome was to attract people who were there first time around. The evening was a good laugh but I was 25 years older than the average and 30 years older than some. The chap who I worked with is going to DJ independantly at New Hero for the 2 dates already given but it will not be under Divadrome and will be for students predominantly. I guess it is hard to get people over 40 off their arses and off their sofa's on a Saturday night as they are married/coupled up/with kids and are content to watch the X Factor with a take away and I guess thats what I will be doing on future Saturday nights, without the partner obviously.

I gave it my best shot but didn't succeed sadly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now this is what I call an 80s night. Interesting choice of venue as well, the pseudo Tory club of Lewes.

Attachments

• TEMPTATION.jpg
    TEMPTATION.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 152

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They are established but again 95% of the crowd will be teenagers and early 20's.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bozza

Upon reflection 95% of the crowd on Saturday were the usual New Hero crowd and my efforts and marketing and trying to get an older clientele along failed. The whole concept of Divadrome was to attract people who were there first time around. The evening was a good laugh but I was 25 years older than the average and 30 years older than some. The chap who I worked with is going to DJ independantly at New Hero for the 2 dates already given but it will not be under Divadrome and will be for students predominantly. I guess it is hard to get people over 40 off their arses and off their sofa's on a Saturday night as they are married/coupled up/with kids and are content to watch the X Factor with a take away and I guess thats what I will be doing on future Saturday nights, without the partner obviously.

I gave it my best shot but didn't succeed sadly.

so you're giving up after one go? these things work better overtime as they generate interest through word of mouth, you cant expect to get everything spot on for the first night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are established but again 95% of the crowd will be teenagers and early 20's.

If you believe in the Divadrome concept maybe you should approach a venue with an older demographic and host a night there? Two venues which spring to mind are Latest Bar and Brighton Ballroom. I'm sure there are others.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having a venue just up the road from West Street probably doesnt help.

As HT has said there are other venues. I still feel that personally you would be better having the night outside of Brighton where there isnt such a vibrant nightlife. There is so much going on its difficult to keep up!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so you're giving up after one go? these things work better overtime as they generate interest through word of mouth, you cant expect to get everything spot on for the first night.

No one over 30 turned up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one over 30 turned up.

But New Hero is aimed at students, I am pretty certain it has just had a relaunch and I bet it was heavily advertised at both universities as they have just had their fresh intake of students. I cannot speak for the crowd you are targeting but I can state there are certainly over 30s at some nights I go to. So over 30s do go out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So over 30s do go out.

:bigwave: Plus there are LOADS of over 30s at the various Motown nites, definitely at Hove dogs. I reckon you should look to there Gareth.

They get the influx from Portslade and Hangleton.

Christ they even make it a FAMILY nite out with Gran, Mum and Kids.

*You have not been charged for this advice*

Trouble is I believe that one of the Oceana bars has a over 30s 80s style nite and the Baylon lounge?

So its not NEW. Not for Brighton anyway.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry US, could not make it in the end, sorry to hear you didn't see it as a success, it was only the first ever night. Keep at it if you believe in it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I guess it is hard to get people over 40 off their arses and off their sofa's on a Saturday night as they are married/coupled up/with kids and are content to watch the X Factor with a take away and I guess thats what I will be doing on future Saturday nights, without the partner obviously.

...and the kids.

Sounds like it was a good night anyway - well done to you for organising it.

Not sure if it really matters what age the clientele were as long as you get enough people through the door.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here