Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would the stadium be seen from this picture?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
dougdeep said:
It depends where you keep the picture.

:lolol:

That's easy enough - I'd keep that picture in a cupboad, thereby ensuring minimum disruption to local residents.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
gazwag said:
flamer7rd.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

nomad

Jan 3, 2005
all over the place
might it be useful if someone who could do it made a 3-d mwith all the info and modelled this so we knew for sure - i doubt you would be able to see it, but with this then at least they could see it for themselves

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lush said:
I see that "preserving the beauty of the village" doesn't extend to NOT parking Japanese monstrosities nose-to-tail all around the pond....

I wouldn't go down that road if I were you. Most of the traffic around the pond is students from the local universities that the residents are also trying to push out. Perhaps the club could form an alliance with students to fight the nimby oppressors. They like a good protest. If you can get the students out of bed that is.
As far as the stadium goes there is no way you will see it. If you stand by the pond you actually have to look up at quite a steep angle to see the tops of the trees. The only way you will see it is if it turns out to be 20 storeys high. Roughly about the same height as Godzilla.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rangdo said:
The only way you will see it is if it turns out to be 20 storeys high. Roughly about the same height as Godzilla.
I believe Godzilla was 30 storeys high (according to the lyrics in the opening titles...."up from the depths...thirty storeys high...").

Falmer will obviously be bigger than Godzooki, but not as big as Godzilla. I think heightwise it will be around King Kong size.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Easy 10 said:
I believe Godzilla was 30 storeys high (according to the lyrics in the opening titles...."up from the depths...thirty storeys high...").

Falmer will obviously be bigger than Godzooki, but not as big as Godzilla. I think heightwise it will be around King Kong size.

King Kong is only a little bit smaller, I reckon, 27 stories?

db_king_kong1.jpg

It'd probably be the size of Lisa Loeb or something.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:

I meant before he hit puberty and a growth spurt of 10 storeys. Besides, I think we discussed in a previous thread how meaningless song lyrics can be.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The answer to the original question, is a resounding NO

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But I'd still like a more definitive answer on how big the stadium will be, compared to some monsters.

Would it be as tall as the giant bronze statue of Achilles that comes alive in Jason and the Argonaughts ? Or would it be more in line with that big firey demon in Lord of the Rings ? How about one of those gigantic rabbits in Night of the Lepus ? Or perhaps it would be comparable to the huge marshmellow Mr Stay-Puft in Ghostbusters ?

I might email Martin Perry.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:
But I'd still like a more definitive answer on how big the stadium will be, compared to some monsters.

Would it be as tall as the giant bronze statue of Achilles that comes alive in Jason and the Argonaughts ? Or would it be more in line with that big firey demon in Lord of the Rings ? How about one of those gigantic rabbits in Night of the Lepus ? Or perhaps it would be comparable to the huge marshmellow Mr Stay-Puft in Ghostbusters ?

I might email Martin Perry.

:laugh: :bowdown: :laugh:

I can imagine the email!

:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Northstander said:
:laugh: :bowdown: :laugh:

I can imagine the email!

:clap2:
So can I.

Dear Martin,
I have a query as regards the plans for the new stadium at Falmer. After pondering whether or not the residents of Falmer will be able to actually see the stadium from the village (assuming they are standing on the ground, and not up a tree or hanging from a roof terrace), I would be very interested to learn the height of the stadium at its pinnacle point, and how this compares to some monsters.

I have heard it suggested that the new stadium will be similar in height to Godzilla, ie 30 storeys high, but personally, I feel that is something of an exaggeration. In your considered opinion, which of these monsters do you estimate Falmer will be closest to in height, out of:

Godzilla
King Kong
Night of the Lepus rabbits
Achilles in Jason and the Argonaughts
Mr Stay-Puft from Ghostbusters
The Balroc in Lord of the Rings
The Hydra in the Seven Voyages of Sinbad
A brontosaurus from Jurassic Park

I realise you are a busy man, but I'm sure you can appreciate this is an important issue as regards the scale of the Falmer project, and how folk can relate this scale to the actual site and its surroundings. Many thanks for taking the time to read my email, and I look forward to receiving your reply.
Best regards,

Easy 10 (c/o North Stand Chat)

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:
So can I.

Dear Martin,
I have a query as regards the plans for the new stadium at Falmer. After pondering whether or not the residents of Falmer will be able to actually see the stadium from the village (assuming they are standing on the ground, and not up a tree or hanging from a roof terrace), I would be very interested to learn the height of the stadium at its pinnacle point, and how this compares to some monsters.

I have heard it suggested that the new stadium will be similar in height to Godzilla, ie 30 storeys high, but personally, I feel that is something of an exaggeration. In your considered opinion, which of these monsters do you estimate Falmer will be closest to in height, out of:

Godzilla
King Kong
Night of the Lepus rabbits
Achilles in Jason and the Argonaughts
Mr Stay-Puft from Ghostbusters
The Balroc in Lord of the Rings
The Hydra in the Seven Voyages of Sinbad
A brontosaurus from Jurassic Park

I realise you are a busy man, but I'm sure you can appreciate this is an important issue as regards the scale of the Falmer project, and how folk can relate this scale to the actual site and its surroundings. Many thanks for taking the time to read my email, and I look forward to receiving your reply.
Best regards,

Easy 10 (c/o North Stand Chat)

Why don't you ask the Insider. Thats what he's there for. I think.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
stad5kl.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here