Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would the NSC team want to take on an Albion Old Boys side in aid of the fund?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Could they play the 2004 winning REMF side and say give 20% of the money to the REMF. That way everyone wins.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gareth Glover said:
Could they play the 2004 winning REMF side and say give 20% of the money to the REMF. That way everyone wins.

Does that not defeat the point of bidding for places, if the players are already decided?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gwylan said:
I raised this idea a few weeks ago but my idea was to auction off places in the team.

Top 11 pledgers to get the places. It could raise thousands.
[/QUOTE

Thats the best idea yet could make an absolute packed, if this were to get in the programme, argus etc this could raise a good chunk of the cash needed. Lets not just make this a nsc event but open it up to everyone. I bet there are some wealthy people out there who would love to play against some albion old boys.

Tony Adams did something similar and people bidded for what positions to play.

Eg Right back went for £400 whilst a striker went for £1000.

I know it might not be on this scale but i reckon with enough media coverage this would be a great starting block.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Personally, I think the players who have given up their time in previous fund-raising matches should have first dob at playing, not the people who have the deepest pockets.

What we have to do is strike a balance between recognising the efforts of 'regular' NSC players and the need to raise as much money as possible.

:bounce:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
hiney said:
Personally, I think the players who have given up their time in previous fund-raising matches should have first dob at playing, not the people who have the deepest pockets.

What we have to do is strike a balance between recognising the efforts of 'regular' NSC players and the need to raise as much money as possible.

:bounce:

I am just a bit worried this wont make as much money as the idea i have raised, and also wont get as much publicity either. I agree that the people already putting in the effort should be rewarded, however opening it up to everyone by advertising through media, programmes etc would provide the most financial benefit and that is what is needed at the moment.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhafc4eva said:
I am just a bit worried this wont make as much money as the idea i have raised, and also wont get as much publicity either. I agree that the people already putting in the effort should be rewarded, however opening it up to everyone by advertising through media, programmes etc would provide the most financial benefit and that is what is needed at the moment.

I do think that the regulars should get to play as it is their team. How about something along the lines that each player has to raise via sponsorship a set amount of say £100-£150?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok , lets have the bidding with 10-20% going to REMF, rest the club. Best of both worlds.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Ok , lets have the bidding with 10-20% going to REMF, rest the club. Best of both worlds.

I think this time the attention should be 100% focused on the present cause and trying to raise as much money as possible. Not trying to sound harsh but while this current campaign is running the REMF should take a back seat for a little while.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll ref it if anyone wants!

If not, I will be happy to offer my services as gaffer

Lush

Mods' Pet
bhafc4eva said:
I think this time the attention should be 100% focused on the present cause and trying to raise as much money as possible. Not trying to sound harsh but while this current campaign is running the REMF should take a back seat for a little while.

I agree.

I also think that Harty should have a say in this - and I would think he will want to raise as much MONEY as possible.

HOWEVER there is the issue of spectators to consider. Unless NSC-ers are all going to dig deep AGAIN we will need to get as many people as poss through the doors. I presume people will want to see a decent match - so maybe we should play the BEST team.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair do's just a thought, REMF can plan other events.

I would come and watch Dick Knight's Mum do a horrendous challenge from the rear on Dean Wilkins. I would pay good money to see that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll play if Beach Hut, Hiney, Deano's Right Foot, DannyCullipLookalike'sdad, Tom Hark, Lord B, Dover and Locky play!:p

Lush and Yorkie will have to play up front! :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You lot better sponsor me so I can play with Ian Chapman and show him how playing left back is really done.

*crunch*

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Harty said:
Had a chat with Russell Bromage this afternoon and he and the rest of the boys, Deano, Budge, Chappers, Chicken George, Tilts etc would like to do something for the 'fund'. I suggested a game against NSC at Worthing United's Ground at the end of October. As United now have floodlights an evening game would be favourite, so who do we need to contact re a NSC XI?

I think and NSC XXII would be a better Idea. More potential for sponsorship, half a game each. More spectators (as more involved) and more chance of beating the old boys.

I'll not risk playing Last two competitive games, torn ankle ligaments (out for 6 months) and broken shoulder (out for 9 months and counting...)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here