Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Would our game have gone ahead ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The weather conditions today were described as the worst for seven years for the North of the country so it was very risky to cram 60,000 into a ground for safety reasons and the ground conditions
would not have permitted a decent game, it was the only decision to cancel the game.

[yt]JMJox-O9H0c[/yt]

Then there's this.
Sorry, but our country is absolutely pathetic when it comes to getting sport on sometimes. Absolutely no reason why that match couldn't have gone ahead.

When it comes to anything to do with the weather, despite having the most benign climate in the world, we are undoubtedly the biggest WUSSIES.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Amazing how some people think a game of football is the be all and end all!!! So what if it's cancelled, it will still get played. Puts more pressure on the hammers if they play City when conditions favour them and that will hopefully be beneficial to us!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amazing how some people think a game of football is the be all and end all!!! So what if it's cancelled, it will still get played. Puts more pressure on the hammers if they play City when conditions favour them and that will hopefully be beneficial to us!

I don't think its the be all or end all. West Ham will lose whether it was played today, tomorrow or 7am on Thursday morning. I just think its fairly pitiful that a PL game gets binned because of some high winds. Particularly when a game goes ahead, as scheduled, all of 30-odd miles away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think its the be all or end all. West Ham will lose whether it was played today, tomorrow or 7am on Thursday morning. I just think its fairly pitiful that a PL game gets binned because of some high winds. Particularly when a game goes ahead, as scheduled, all of 30-odd miles away.

Bit more than high winds and you weren't in both Manchester or Leeds to make a judgement!!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
H&S innit. Ambulance chasers and the everyone’s fault but mine culture we live in. Had to giggle at residents on radio in one town banging on about how they acted to protect their homes, not the council. Bloody well should think so! Remember people in 87 complaining about wait for tree clearance. Here’s a trick, trying DIY when a small team from the council have a million to do!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Yes but it will mean they might now have three games in a week later in the season so a mid week game in Manchester "could" have a detrimental effect on the game a few days later. They will also go three weeks without a game now which could effect fitness.

#clutchingatstraws

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here