Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would NSC be here in 30/40 years?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think it will, as it is a generational thing, in 20, 30 + years time they won't be young anymore and will be listening to music and doing things that their parents did and this is one of those things.
I appreciate stuff now at 60 that I never thought I would, maybe it's in the genes, hehe.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We may have signed Messi by then so I hope so .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seeing as most on here are in their 40s/50s/60s etc

Do you think NSC would continue with the lack of youngsters not joining forums?
NSC is of its time, it will disappear eventually when tech moves on.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I hate to say it but I think this will be the case. We'll look back and think to ourselves "Do you remember the times we had to
login to NSC and reply to a post by typing our response into a box."

What is even more spooky though is that none of the players in the Albion in 30/40 years will be born for another 5-10
years and we'd be looking at ripping down the Amex and reconstructing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm sure it will disappear in time, but if you'd have asked me the same question 10 years ago, I wouldn't have said we'd still be here today. I'd have suggested that Facebook, twitter or some yet-to-be-invented social tool would have rendered messageboards obsolete.

In many subject areas, messageboards have long since faded away, but they have persisted, and remain quite strong, for football for some reason - I'm not entirely sure why.

And taking a quick look at NSC traffic, in terms of raw page views, it has remained constant over the last three years. There seems to have been a drop-off from when we were promoted, but my guess is that the Premier League is just not as exciting as the Championship so less to discuss, including the fact we have eight fewer fixtures per season.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure it will disappear in time, but if you'd have asked me the same question 10 years ago, I wouldn't have said we'd still be here today. I'd have suggested that Facebook, twitter or some yet-to-be-invented social tool would have rendered messageboards obsolete.

In many subject areas, messageboards have long since faded away, but they have persisted, and remain quite strong, for football for some reason - I'm not entirely sure why.

And taking a quick look at NSC traffic, in terms of raw page views, it has remained constant over the last three years. There seems to have been a drop-off from when we were promoted, but my guess is that the Premier League is just not as exciting as the Championship so less to discuss, including the fact we have eight fewer fixtures per season.
I joined a Breadmaking Forum on Tapatalk a few years back, I didn't last long, God was it boring and the post count was miniscule... You would wait days for an answer to a question posted although it boasted a membership of close to 5,000.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Other hobbies tend to flit in and out of peoples lives as your life develops (ie mumsnet isn't useful once your kids are grown up)

Love of your football team stays for life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here