Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Gus walk right now?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Rafa might not make the weekend. Gus makes no secret of his ambition to manage Chelsea . Would he walk away at this stage of the season, if offered his dream job.....

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he did, then he would be a fool, he's thinking with his heart not his head, that club is almost as embarrassing as Blackburn, plus, all depends on who John f***ing terry likes

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i was just having the same conversation. I dont think so, but will money and offer of a 3 year deal talk? Dont think for one minute that they would offer it to him as they would go for experiance, but would be nervous until position filled.

I think "the special one" will be back next year

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont think Chelsea will appoint anyone perminant now and Gus wont give up what he has here for a caretaker job of 3 months, even if it is Chelsea.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a really really stupid question. Does Gus have any experience whatsoever of managing at the top level? Has he even shown that he can achieve promotion from the second tier of English football? All he has achieved to date is promotion from the third tier. Not that impressive a CV .... yet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a shit thread. Probably every manager in the Championship would jump at the chance of managing Chelsea.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What a really really stupid question. Does Gus have any experience whatsoever of managing at the top level? Has he even shown that he can achieve promotion from the second tier of English football? All he has achieved to date is promotion from the third tier. Not that impressive a CV .... yet.

Why is it a stupid question...I agree he doesn't have the cv and I agree he would f*** it up. Never the less he is 7/1 with the bookies and many Chelsea old guard are touting for him..So its not a stupid question at all...Carry on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course he would, his ego and the money wouldn't let him do otherwise. The fact that far more experienced and successful managers have failed wouldn't matter a jot to him, the man has great belief in himself. I'd wish him well and wait for TB to pull another rabbit manager out of the hat.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, but not for a 3 month caretaker deal. Chelsea couldn't wait to get rid of Di Matteo in a similar temporary position.

Chelsea will have already lined up a bigger name for June.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can you imagine the upheaval here at Brighton. The Spanish contingent would start to drift away at the end of the season for a start.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

this,chelsea are shockingly run,but why why,would they apoint a manager who has acheived just one league title .get a grip
he needs another 2/3year success

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not a stupid question but anyone that thinks he wouldn't go if Roman came knocking are kidding themselves. He could ask for a 4 year deal worth more in one year than he gets paid here knowing that if he is successful it would be a dream come true and if he gets fired he's got four years salary in the bank with probably no damage to his future prospects.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Didn't the OP once post that Gus definitely wouldn't be here this season? Well he still is.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
if he did go now it would be the best time in terms of finding a suitable replacement with Di Canio and Adkins both out of a job. Really hope Poyet wouldn't go though as it is his team and system that finds us in the play-offs and is integral to our growing reputation and success as a club.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Of course he would but not a chance of it happening.

When was the last time a Manager with Championship only experience was taken by a Prem Club ... let alone one of the (so called) elite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here