Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Butters be Player of the Season if...

Would guy Butters be Player of The Season if he hadnt been auctioned on eBay for £5?

• Yes - he is a professional who would have been player of the season anyway

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • No - being auctioned on e-Bay for £5 made him sort himself out

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To overshadow the mighty Danny says it all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marshy said:
Knight
Cullip
Carpenter
Roberts
Harding.

Ok so he may creep in at 5 if im generous.
Roberts ? :eek:
Harding ? :eek:

Chippys been ok this season, but I wouldn't have it down as one of his vintage seasons by any means. You can always make a case for Cullip and Leon though. Not much in it between Cullip, Leon and Butters, but the improvement Butters has shown should count for something.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nope, you cant give it to someone just because they improved on being terrible to mediocre.

Id be absolutely devasted if i was Knight, Cullip or Carpenter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You think Butters has been mediocre this season?!?

He has been remarkably consistent (and not consistently mediocre, before you say it). He's been a '7 out of 10' every time he's set foot on the pitch which and he's started more league games than any other player (Leon equals him on 42 starts).

No-one has been outstanding this year so it was always going to be a tough, and close, call. I have no objections with Butters getting it with it also signifying 'most improved player'.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we are just going to have to differ on this one.

How much longer has Guy got on his contract ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I voted for Chippy who has been the most consistent and at a higher quality then Butters. Butters has been a solid defender this year, that is all. Nothing worth getting excited about.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed.

And Bozza I would suggest that leading the goal scoring charts by some considerable way all season is outstanding in my book ?

Yeah Yeah i know he can be lazy and look uninterested but that argument dosent wash with me, hes there to score goals and every other side in the division would swap there Number 9 for him.

Cullip and Knight in Div 2 side, I rest my case.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Marshy said:
Agreed.

And Bozza I would suggest that leading the goal scoring charts by some considerable way all season is outstanding in my book ?

I would not argue with you or your book at all. But the books of the Albion support at large voted for Butters - and it is you that is arguing with that.

For the record - I didn't vote. Due to general apathy, mainly, I haven't been to a huge number of games this season so find it difficult to think of anyone who has been outstanding. As I said above - I don't think anyone actually has been outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here