Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Bobby kiss an Eagle badge?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Bullshit.

Zamora is a confidence player. He hasn't had a run in any team for ages as he's been at clubs that have had about 5 strikers. At Spurs he had Keane, Defoe, Postiga and Kanoute to contend with and now at West Ham he's got Harewood, Rebrov, Sheringham and Connelly was there too. If Zamora got a good run of games in this league he would do well, you do not just lose what he's got. Sounds like you are a bit bitter that he had to leave us to me.

If he goes to Palace he will be playing Championship football next year but at least he'll be playing. Good luck to him and all that but I don't want to see him sucessful there.

so BZ can't compete with the likes of Rebrov and Prostiga or show any form in the relaxed environment of the training ground. Thak god he's gone. Seems that you are sayin that he can only perform in a side with no competition for places and is guaranteed a start. Even Leon is above that!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
so BZ can't compete with the likes of Rebrov and Prostiga or show any form in the relaxed environment of the training ground. Thak god he's gone. Seems that you are sayin that he can only perform in a side with no competition for places and is guaranteed a start. Even Leon is above that!

NO.

Players like Zamora need a run of games to get going to build up confidence. Pleat and Pardew have not given him the chances and he has suffered as a result.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
NO.

Players like Zamora need a run of games to get going to build up confidence. Pleat and Pardew have not given him the chances and he has suffered as a result.

Great excuse. Nearly as good as Defoe keeping him out of the team!!! Which one West ham or Tottenham?

Or was he part of the deal?:dunce:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Saint Lennard said:
Great excuse. Nearly as good as Defoe keeping him out of the team!!! Which one West ham or Tottenham?

how can you dismiss what chappers has said like that? of course its a great excuse. are you suggesting that zamora should have scored goals despite sitting on the bench?

he didnt play at tottenham because he was a hoddle signing. pleat gave him NO CHANCE AT ALL. he even played postiga infront of him when quite clearly he was PANTS.

AND PARDEW IS THE SAME! zammo scores 2 goals and then dropped so the big names can come in. scoring 6 this season from the situation he has been put in is not bad at all.

no one can comnpete in a side with competition if they ARE NEVER GIVEN A CHANCE...and even worse when they prove themselves when given that chance, they arent picked again!

you really talk crap....worse than me!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:

My bad!!

I think you know what I mean though. He was never bought by Spurs as a first choice striker and didn't get the games (even thoguh Postiga had more than enough chances) and couldn't get going. At West Ham he'#s behind Rebrov, Harewood and Sheringham and that's notngoing to change.

You still haven't said why you don't think he's good enough for this level even though he scored for us during an injury plagued season AND a relegation battle.

And you don't score 78 goals in the lower leagues including 35 in League One without having a bit of talent.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I think BZ was fortunate enough to have a team behind him that valued his strengths and played in a way that suited him. Many players, particularly strikers, have been prolific for a side and then not come up with the goods elsewhere.

Not enough people appreciate what the rest of the team did to give BZ his goal scoring chances. One day people may wake up to it.

I think he may have more chance at Palace or even Stoke as both managers believe in a work ethic. Only problem is Bobby has never had one but if they take that on board he might start finding the onion bag again. NOT to the rate he has with the Albion though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:

Not enough people appreciate what the rest of the team did to give BZ his goal scoring chances. One day people may wake up to it.

a) So he was good enough for a whole team to be built around him?

b) You've still got to score them.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
a) So he was good enough for a whole team to be built around him?

b) You've still got to score them.

A team was not built around BZ. Surely you don't think that...there again....

Yes he did know where the back of the net was in the lower divisions but this league is a big difference. Leon is finding that out for himself. I don't think Leon has thefootballing brain to be able to excel beyond this level. It's more than running onto the end of a long ball etc. The way he goes hiding against tougher opposition is all too obvious.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Albion Dan said:
The bloke will be scum if he plays for palace, end of story!
He would have to kiss Dowies arse before even get a game at Selhurst. Don`t worry that useless Zamoron will never play for Palace end of.
In regards to your comment on he`ll be scum if he plays for palace, Jolly roger is still a Palace legend and always will be even if he played for you lot, therefore you could not have valued Zamoron that much!!

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
A team was not built around BZ. Surely you don't think that...there again....

You said it...

''I think BZ was fortunate enough to have a team behind him that valued his strengths and played in a way that suited him.''

Saint Lennard said:
Yes he did know where the back of the net was in the lower divisions but this league is a big difference. Leon is finding that out for himself. I don't think Leon has thefootballing brain to be able to excel beyond this level. It's more than running onto the end of a long ball etc. The way he goes hiding against tougher opposition is all too obvious.

Zamora scored 13 goals for us in our relegation seasn last time round in a season where he never reached full fitness.

That is a FACT my friend.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
You said it...

''I think BZ was fortunate enough to have a team behind him that valued his strengths and played in a way that suited him.''

Zamora scored 13 goals for us in our relegation seasn last time round in a season where he never reached full fitness.

That is a FACT my friend.

So your opinion that he was not fully fit is a FACT. These are the sorts of facts i am used to from you.

As for the players being good enough to get the best out of Bobby. I don't see that as building at eam around him. I see it as a bunch of experienced pros who identified what made him tick and used this to the advantage of everyone. Quite a difference i think.

BZ has had his day end of. That's my opinion not a FACT.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In the simplest terms Bobby Zamora is a PROFESSIONAL footballer. He has played for four clubsm one of which was us. He can play for whoever he likes as he's an individual.

Fact is he's struggling at West Pork so why shouldn't he go to Palace ? The downside that is if he doesn't start scoring straight away the stick he gets at Upton Park will be nothing to what the pikeys will give him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
So your opinion that he was not fully fit is a FACT. These are the sorts of facts i am used to from you.

As for the players being good enough to get the best out of Bobby. I don't see that as building at eam around him. I see it as a bunch of experienced pros who identified what made him tick and used this to the advantage of everyone. Quite a difference i think.

BZ has had his day end of. That's my opinion not a FACT.

Your opinion is wrong.

OPINION.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
He never kissed the badge while playing for the Albion so why would he do it at Palace?

I don't think I've seen a more passionless player wear the stripes.

However, he remains an Albion legend and I would give him a good reception next time he played against us - whoever it is for.

Just look at the reception Palace gave Coppell.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Chesney Christ said:
He never kissed the badge while playing for the Albion so why would he do it at Palace?

I don't think I've seen a more passionless player wear the stripes.

However, he remains an Albion legend and I would give him a good reception next time he played against us - whoever it is for.

Just look at the reception Palace gave Coppell.

Good points well made. Anyway, all this kissing the badge means absolutely nothing. Wayne Rooney did it and then left for Man Ure, even Steven Sidwell did it when he was on loan to us and the next week he was off to Reading. Apart from a few deluded individuals who get sucked in by the badge kissing business all most of us want to see is commitment to the cause whilst in the colours, something Bobby showed a clear lack of towards the end of his time with us. What made him a legend were his goals, nothing else, and for that I will be forever grateful to him. The real heros of a club are the long servants, people like Hart, Mayo and Carpenter (amongst others) who don't go in for the hollow histrionics like badge kissing and then bugger off elsewhere for a bigger cheque.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Before you sign for the scum Bobby, have a chat with Ian Chapman ans see what he said when he had the chance of joining them. Something along the lines of "I could have joined Palace but then I remembered that I'd still have to get up every morning and look at myself in the mirror" :bowdown::bowdown:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
chez said:
Before you sign for the scum Bobby, have a chat with Ian Chapman ans see what he said when he had the chance of joining them. Something along the lines of "I could have joined Palace but then I remembered that I'd still have to get up every morning and look at myself in the mirror" :bowdown::bowdown:

But that's because Chappers is a Woodingdean boy who I used to play football with down the park. Bobby is a London lad. Having said that the kissing the badge thing is a complete con job.

I think Paul Kitson could outdo Bobby on the passionless front though.:clap2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
He did kiss the badge at the end of his last loan game with us.

I wasn't aware of his lack of fitness in that last season other than the injury that delayed his start but I don't think he proved himself at all at that level, unlike Robert Earnshaw for example. He just looked disinterested to me and possibly just had his head turned towards greater things by the other lads in the England U21's.

He just moved on before he was ready and he may, or may not recover from the experiences he has had since. I predict that he may just keep floating around until he finds himself scoring in league 1 again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here