Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would another year in div 1 affect your falmer s/t

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Doesn't affect my decision in the slightest. I don't think many of us were really envisaging a serious promotion charge this season, so I think many peoples' minds were already made up about STs a long time ago.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I will be buying my first ever season ticket at the first oppertunity, providing those pesky +3's don't pinch 'em all.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Doesn't matter one jot TBH

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The concern that being in Div 1 will affect sales for the first season at Flamer is a Myth. That ground will be more or less sold out every game next year just off the back of being a top stadium. Years 2 and 3 will be more dependant on the standard of football that is being served up.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Absolutely not, I reckon it will have no affect on season ticket sales. Falmer will sell-out most games next season, be it in The Championship or League 1. The city is desperate for live football in a great stadium.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I have FALMER FEVER so will be getting my first ever season ticket come promotion or not.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nice bit of sanity on this thread and a welcome antidote to all the more, um, I've got to be polite about this, 'excitable' fans who think we MUST get promoted this year. In that first Amex season, as far as selling tickets goes, it won't matter a jot what division we're in; indeed the feelgood factor will be higher if we're doing well in League One as opposed to struggling in the Championship.

Of course if we don't go up this year then it will mean that we have been seriously shit in the second half of the season. No one wants that, but a good FA Cup campaign will help soften the blow...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good thread. I think it goes to show people are excited about Falmer, and this won't change if we're still in league 1 next season!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I will be buying my first ever season ticket at the first oppertunity, providing those pesky +3's don't pinch 'em all.

I have not really followed the Season Ticket + 3 thing, what does this actually mean?

I am hoping I will get a letter eventually because I want a season ticket. Since I am not a season ticket holder, but I am registered and have been to many matches at the Withdean I am hoping I will get a letter from the club asking If I would like a season ticket.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have not really followed the Season Ticket + 3 thing, what does this actually mean?

I am hoping I will get a letter eventually because I want a season ticket. Since I am not a season ticket holder, but I am registered and have been to many matches at the Withdean I am hoping I will get a letter from the club asking If I would like a season ticket.

My tongue was firmly placed in my cheek when I made the plus three comment but I understand that current season ticket holders have the right to purchase a further 3 season tickets for friends before they go on general sale.

Hopefully should mean we have a very healthy number of ST holders next season but potentially it means we could sell out before they go on general sale!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Part of me doesn't want us to go up this year. I think it would be brilliant if we had this season next year. Imagine how rocking it will be if we are winning pretty much every game, going months without losing there.

There is more of a chance that we wont score the first goal or win if we have a high end Championship game as the first game. It will be harder to win in The Championship than League One, and part of me is scared that the boooing may start early doors if we struggle straight away.

But then again we could be playing the likes of West Ham, Palace, Villa etc and that is pretty exciting too

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Part of me doesn't want us to go up this year. I think it would be brilliant if we had this season next year. Imagine how rocking it will be if we are winning pretty much every game, going months without losing there.

There is more of a chance that we wont score the first goal or win if we have a high end Championship game as the first game. It maybe harder to win, and part of me is scared that the boooing may start early doors if we struggle straight away.

But then again we could be playing the likes of West Ham, Palace, Villa etc and that is pretty exciting too

Or we could have one blinding flukey season in the chamionship and find ourselves in the premiership!! ala Burnely, Blackpool etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here