Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would a party offering an extra Bank Holiday get your vote ?

Would anovver bank 'olidee make a difference ?

• Utter tosh Easy. You're blowing it out your arse again, as per usual.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Hmm...might get a handful of votes I suppose. Nothing significant though.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • By jove, I think he could be onto something there you know...

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The British electorate are not stupid - these are people who, if they want an extra day off, already go sick (that's the few that are actually employed - for the rest every day's a bank holiday).

The easiest way to bribe the British electorate is either with actual money or the prospect of untold riches. Unfortunately, the days when we could colonise an African state are gone.

Again, I go back to my earlier point - my vote-winner would be to declare war on Wales, I'd drive them all into the Irish Sea except Katherine Jenkins who I would marry, Charlotte Church who would become my Friday night cumslut, Rhod Gilbert my court jester and The Stereophonics my wandering minstrels.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Brown created a global economic crisis..?

Respect...had no idea he was that powerful! Definitely voting for him now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had thought Labour were going to create an additional Bank Holiday called Trafalgar Day but it never came of anything

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Brown created a global economic crisis..?

Respect...had no idea he was that powerful! Definitely voting for him now.

Brown made it far worse and longer lasting in the UK by loosening controls on the banks. He also sold all of our gold reserves for a a low price making the Pound even weaker, and has spent vast sums of our children and granchildren's money trying to make things look better than they actually are, in a desperate attempt to hand on to power.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
He's fecked up, and admitted it, but most of the global leaders have fecked up. I dont have enough confidence in Cameron or Clegg that they will do any better. Selling the gold reserves lost 2bn to the treasury. In global economics...change.
They all have a history of failing our children and grandchildren. Tories sold off the North Sea assets didnt they? What happened to the money?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As we are told on a daily basis that we are in the EU , we should have the same amount of bank holidays as they do in mainland Europe , which would mean at least another 4.

As we are told on a daily basis that we are in the EU , we should have the same amount of bank holidays as they do in mainland Europe , which would mean at least another 4.

A lot have November 11th, ie Armistice Day; this has always seemed more relevant to me than a bank holiday in memory of a martyred Turk who never had any association with England.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and liberation day...

Good idea..have the same laws as Holland, Spain and Czech republic regarding Marijuana.
:lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and who pays for the Bank Holiday, not the government, employers will foot the bill as they try to keep the countries financies afloat, keep their businesses going and try to offer secure employment ..., bitter, me, never?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here