Wotsits, Quavers or Skips?

• Total voters

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ready Salted Crisps.

Bloody yoof. You've all gone soft.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm going to say SKIPS (prawn cocktail variety). I like the way they FIZZ on the tongue.
That said, I would have absolutely no violent objections to Wotsits or Quavers either. They're all quaity crispage.

Incidentally, I recently rediscovered THESE rarities:

SGN0938.jpg

They have a fabulous "bubbled" surface, kind of like the potato has blistered as it was fried. They are RICH in both texture and flavour, and come with my UTMOST recommendation. I only know one newsagents which sells them though, and the indian chap behind the counter is rather rude. Normally this would mean I would BOYCOTT such an establishment, but his supply of Roysters keeps me coming back for more. I am actively seeking an alternative merchant though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Out of these three Wotsits, but surely Pickled onion Monster Munch should have been incuded in this battle ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think its a general crisps poll Rowdey.
Its investigating the views on those SOFTER varieties, which don't have as much CRUNCH (although Quavers can be quite noisy).

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Nothing beats Pickled Onion Monster Munch but I have gone for Quavers here. I am so very fond of the way they stick to your tongue and become a dreamy cheesey melt :love::love:. Frazzles are No. 2 after MM.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well I'm going to say SKIPS (prawn cocktail variety). I like the way they FIZZ on the tongue.
That said, I would have absolutely no violent objections to Wotsits or Quavers either. They're all quaity crispage.

Incidentally, I recently rediscovered THESE rarities:

SGN0938.jpg

They have a fabulous "bubbled" surface, kind of like the potato has blistered as it was fried. They are RICH in both texture and flavour, and come with my UTMOST recommendation. I only know one newsagents which sells them though, and the indian chap behind the counter is rather rude. Normally this would mean I would BOYCOTT such an establishment, but his supply of Roysters keeps me coming back for more. I am actively seeking an alternative merchant though.

I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD in this post. 'Cept the bit about the newsagents.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I don't think its a general crisps poll Rowdey.
Its investigating the views on those SOFTER varieties, which don't have as much CRUNCH (although Quavers can be quite noisy).

Oh I'm far from wanting Walkers or Tayto's included Mr 10; just think MM also come under the 'claggy when wet' in your mouth description.. :smile:

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Prawn Cocktail Skips...Especially the one in the packet that is loaded with the flavoured powder. Fizzes perfectly on the tongue.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh I'm far from wanting Walkers or Tayto's included Mr 10; just think MM also come under the 'claggy when wet' in your mouth description.. :smile:

Possibly...but I think there's a BIG gap between a Monster Munch and a Wotsit / Skip situation (I'm not convinced Quavers can be grouped with those in this poll either).

I think you have to put it into a STEALTH context. Say if you were a ninja on a dangerous mission to assassinate a Grand Master in his dojo. You're creeping around in the rafters, and suddenly you fancy a packet of crisps. I'd wager that any ninja worth his salt would opt for Skips or Wotsits, for that non-crunch melt-on-the-tongue factor. Monster Munch and Quavers are quite bulky by nature, and would almost certainly give the game away at the first bite. The acoustics in those dojo's are a bastard as well.

Of course, even the most highly trained ninja would struggle to open a bag of crisps silently, so the brand would go out of the window on that factor alone. Ninjas should have a proper lunch before embarking, or perhaps pack some Dairylea cheese triangles instead.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Possibly...but I think there's a BIG gap between a Monster Munch and a Wotsit / Skip situation (I'm not convinced Quavers can be grouped with those in this poll either).

I think you have to put it into a STEALTH context. Say if you were a ninja on a dangerous mission to assassinate a Grand Master in his dojo. You're creeping around in the rafters, and suddenly you fancy a packet of crisps. I'd wager that any ninja worth his salt would opt for Skips or Wotsits, for that non-crunch melt-on-the-tongue factor. Monster Munch and Quavers are quite bulky by nature, and would almost certainly give the game away at the first bite. The acoustics in those dojo's are a bastard as well.

Of course, even the most highly trained ninja would struggle to open a bag of crisps silently, so the brand would go out of the window on that factor alone. Ninjas should have a proper lunch before embarking, or perhaps pack some Dairylea cheese triangles instead.

A good point very well made, which isn't EASY <or quick..> to respond to..

I can sadly only offer the question - Quiet day at the office today Mr 10 ?

:wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A good point very well made, which isn't EASY <or quick..> to respond to..

I can sadly only offer the question - Quiet day at the office today Mr 10 ?

:wink:

Not at all Rowdey.
I'm polishing the roadsigns over the M25 today. I'm currently dangling over junction 12 for the M3 which is nearly finished. Just got J13, 14 and the Heathrow ones to do, plus the Services sign for Pease Pottage on the way back, and then I'm done.

Bags of time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Out of the choice given I give my whole hearted support for the wotsit. If for no othjer reason than it seems to me that you get a lot more for your money. Plus they're tastier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here