Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no news from Buckingham Group?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Can't understand why Buckingham Group haven't posted anything in the news section of their website yet. Could it be that, like many of us, they want to know where the money's coming from?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't understand why Buckingham Group haven't posted anything in the news section of their website yet. Could it be that, like many of us, they want to know where the money's coming from?

I'll reserve a ringside seat on this one if I may ....

*sits backand opens a packet of frazzles*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The following list represents a selection of some of the Clients for whom we are undertaking live projects or for whom we have undertaken contracts in recent years:

* Network Rail
* Prudential
* ProLogis Developments
* St Modwen Developments
* Opus Land
* English Partnerships
* Sainsburys
* Gallagher Estates
* MK Dons Football Club
* Advantage West Midlands
* Highways Agency
* Innogy Plc
* Chiltern Railways
* Reading Football Club
* Oastlodge
* Welcome Break
* Portsmouth Football Club
* Silverstone Race Circuits
* Motorsport Vision (Brands Hatch & Other Circuits)
* Cable & Wireless
* Birmingham City Council
* GIST Ltd
* Asda Plc
* Birmingham Airport Authority
* Persimmon Homes
* Manchester United Football Club
* Northamptonshire County Council
* Taylor Wimpey Developments
* Dunlop Tyres Ltd
* Lagan Homes

Umm.
Suppose they just don't update their website very often ? :shrug:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
[Umm.
Suppose they just don't update their website very often ? :shrug:[/QUOTE]

But they do - see under News - story about MK Dons stadium retail development posted 17/10. They would have a PR machine standing by to issue releases the minute they feel it is the right time to release a good news story - like winning a £50 million stadium contract. So for some reason now isn't the right time???

But they do - see under News - story about MK Dons stadium retail development posted 17/10. They would have a PR machine standing by to issue releases the minute they feel it is the right time to release a good news story - like winning a £50 million stadium contract. So for some reason now isn't the right time???

The MK Dons posting is about Buckingham Group actually starting construction work on the project.
Why don't you email, phone or write to them if the website updating is bothering you so much?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The MK Dons posting is about Buckingham Group actually starting construction work on the project.
Why don't you email, phone or write to them if the website updating is bothering you so much?

You're missing the point. I don't give a tuppeny toss about the updating of their website. What I'm suggesting is that a conscious decision has been made not to put it on the website or indeed to issue a press release to the media (these things usually happen simultaneously).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
OMG OMG OMG.......Kart Track at Falmer PLEASE :clap2:

That would be superb. Could we race DURING the game, swerving round sliced hoofs that bounce across the race track would be a superb challenge. PLUS, whoever is having a stinker, you wouldn't be more than a few seconds away from driving past them and being able to dish out some quality abuse .... I'm always feeling far more like shouting at people when I'm driving.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Maybe they switched it off, and now it won't switch back on again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You're missing the point. I don't give a tuppeny toss about the updating of their website. What I'm suggesting is that a conscious decision has been made not to put it on the website or indeed to issue a press release to the media (these things usually happen simultaneously).

Do you know it's a conscious decision?

Or might there be the point that contracts haven't been signed, nor schedules agreed, nor costs finalised etc?

I don't think I'm missing the point at all but TLO beat to a response. As I said previously, if it's really bothering you then ask the Buckingham Group directly.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Do you know it's a conscious decision?

Or might there be the point that contracts haven't been signed, nor schedules agreed, nor costs finalised etc?

I was suggesting it could be a conscious decision. Obviously the club released the news because of the enormous pressure to do so - and probably with Buckingham's approval Quite clearly Buckingham have been appointed but perhaps they are uneasy about crowing about it themselves because they know that there are (perhaps major) unresolved issues. I wonder, have we been told whether they are the contractors for widening Village Way? And is that work really all about the stadium development or something that the University were going to do anyway - as has been suggested on another thread?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was suggesting it could be a conscious decision. Obviously the club released the news because of the enormous pressure to do so - and probably with Buckingham's approval Quite clearly Buckingham have been appointed but perhaps they are uneasy about crowing about it themselves because they know that there are (perhaps major) unresolved issues. I wonder, have we been told whether they are the contractors for widening Village Way? And is that work really all about the stadium development or something that the University were going to do anyway - as has been suggested on another thread?

The club released the news because they were asked to do so, and because people wanted to know, and they certainly weren't going to do so before they were ready.

This could be part of the 'Why Does No One Trust The Club?' thread. The club makes the proud announcement of its contractors, and people are STILL sceptical. They announced it because the club intends to use their services. That's all.

As to why the Buckingham Group haven't put it on their website - who knows?

Regarding Village Way, it is part of the stadium project handled by the Albion (as opposed to the A27/A270 flyover, which isn't), so I would presume that they are the contractors for that job. I have not heard anything to indicate that the University were ever going to widen Village Way.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Alternatively you could listen to the official podcast which interviews the project manager from the Buckingham Group who explains exactly what they're going to be doing and when. :)

(And yes I know it's only Seagulls world subscribers when it comes out but I think it goes on general release on iTunes today?)

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I don't think I'm missing the point at all but TLO beat to a response. As I said previously, if it's really bothering you then ask the Buckingham Group directly.

Actually I think you're being a bit patronising. I raised an issue because this is North Stand Chat. If I instigated a thread saying I was concerned that on recent form Brighton are relegation candidates, would you reply saying "If you're really that bothered then ask Micky Adams directly."???

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Alternatively you could listen to the official podcast which interviews the project manager from the Buckingham Group who explains exactly what they're going to be doing and when. :)

(And yes I know it's only Seagulls world subscribers when it comes out but I think it goes on general release on iTunes today?)

Steady, Steve. There are some on here who may not be too happy to receive positive news about the club - it could ruin many a good moan.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Steady, Steve. There are some on here who may not be too happy to receive positive news about the club - it could ruin many a good moan.

I don't personally enjoy a good moan. I am just concerned - being of an age when I hope to live long enough to see it built. As it happens I'm pleased that I initiated this thread, having learned that Buckingham's project manager has spoken about the project. I shall now withdraw quietly from this thread, comforted in the knowledge that all is well!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I don't personally enjoy a good moan. I am just concerned - being of an age when I hope to live long enough to see it built. As it happens I'm pleased that I initiated this thread, having learned that Buckingham's project manager has spoken about the project. I shall now withdraw quietly from this thread, comforted in the knowledge that all is well!

Sorry EG, that wasn't intended to criticise you personally. There are others who seemingly moan non-stop about anything and everything. My apologies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here