Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no moon thread? - It's virtually colliding with the Earth at the moment!!

For those that aren't up on astrology, and especially about our one moon;

The reason for this phenomenon as astrologers have known for a long time, is the 'moon throbs' that happen over cycles of thousands of years. The moon actually expands to double it's normal circumference - yet does NOT increase in mass whatsoever. The craters and surface are mostly dust, so that the malleable qualities enable it to act almost like rubber and no cracks or crevices occur. They say this can go on for about 4,000 years before it returns to a normal size, gradually. There's always a fear that it could eventually break up from this behavior, but only once the core has cooled so much that the magma solidifies. The sun ensures that the temperatures stay up though, so unless the sun shrinks - things will be okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon/Moonthrobs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Its going to appear around 14% bigger than usual tomorrow,

how's that, 14% is a massive difference. according to the guardian its 0.3%, pretty much unperceivable difference. i do recall there's a phenomenon where it looks large due to being lower to the horizon, so are sence of scale is distrorted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
how's that, 14% is a massive difference. according to the guardian its 0.3%, pretty much unperceivable difference. i do recall there's a phenomenon where it looks large due to being lower to the horizon, so are sence of scale is distrorted.

:shrug:
Its what the bloke on 5-Live said when I was driving home the other evening.

If it really is a 0.3% difference, then its barely even worth mentioning is it ?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For those that aren't up on astrology, and especially about our one moon;

I thought astrology was all that Russell Grant stuff about the moon being in Uranus and so on.

twewy-majorasmask-moon.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh my f***ing christ it's HUGE.

I hadn't heard anything of this rare excitement and just noticed on my way home that the moon is jumbo sized. I was quite take aback by its enormity and witnessed several people out in the street taking pictures.

Glad to see I wasn't imagining it and NSC, as ever, had the answers.

There's a MASSIVE difference in how it looks at the moment from how it is normally and I urge anyone who hasn't had a good look to go outside now and check it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here