Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Newspapers

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
BensGrandad said:
What happened to the Worthing Gazette which was the most popular paper when I lived in Worthing.

Shows how in touch you are with our esteemed town BG :)

They changed all the names several years ago, so the Worthing and Shoreham papers became the H word, with LA becoming the Gazette.

Perhaps a better question might be when did TEVille Road become TEEville Road :lolol:

Was it the same time that NEVille Road became NEEville Road?

:lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bozza said:
I honestly thought the paper used to be Worthing Gazette and Herald when I was a wee lad.

No ther Gazette came ouit ona Tuesday and the Herald came out either Thursday evening or Friday morning.

The Gazette office was in Chatsworth Road and the Herald was at the corner of Portland Road and Shelley Road.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

They changed all the names several years ago, so the Worthing and Shoreham papers became the H word, with LA becoming the Gazette.

Perhaps a better question might be when did TEVille Road become TEEville Road :lolol:

TEVille Road never became TEEville Road. To all genuine locals it has never ever been known as TEVille Road

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

TEVille Road never became TEEville Road. To all genuine locals it has never ever been known as TEVille Road

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
No ther Gazette came ouit ona Tuesday and the Herald came out either Thursday evening or Friday morning.

The Gazette office was in Chatsworth Road and the Herald was at the corner of Portland Road and Shelley Road.

In my youth as a paper boy the Gazette came out on Wednesdays and the Herald on Fridays. They were both owned by the same company so they took the decision to merge them. Originally the Herald continued to go out on a Friday but it changed to Thursdays a few years ago.

Harty has a sports column in the Herald still but the Morris Music column didn't last long.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

As far back as I can remember it was always TEEville Road until that amateur radio station Splash FM started trying to change it.

Perhaps the river running underneath that road which is TEEville stream should have its name changed also.

My mother is 88 years old this year and she assures me that during her lifetime it has always been TEEville Road and Stream.

As regards The Gazette and The Herald being owned by the same company I do not think that was so at the time I am talking about in the early 50s.

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
As regards The Gazette and The Herald being owned by the same company I do not think that was so at the time I am talking about in the early 50s.

Okay - about 30 years before my paperboy days then:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here