Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Town in Sussex

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Deportivo Seagull said:
Depends on your point of view, if you like good beer then the Linden tree was the place to be, unfortunately all the 'middle class wankers' that kinky keeps on about used to gothere. It may have changed in the last couple of years. To be fair all the pubs were fine.

I wouldn't say the other pubs are fine...the Red Lion is passable but The Witch is (still) full of 12 year olds and The Bent Arms is like a morgue and sells reprehensible ale. Much as I dislike some of the clientele of The Linden Tree, they sell decent beer and have a bar billiard table, hence it is the best pub in Lindfield.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yoda said:
:ohmy: No one’s mentioned Lancing yet!

Lancing's a village!

Now if were talking the worst Village in Sussex? then Lancing is right up there.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Redhead said:
Pevensey, Bexhill, St Leonards, Hastings, All Worse than Hailsham, all deep in 1066 country, coincindence?

:salute:

Hailsham hasnt even got a station anymore :lolol:

Pevensey is hardly a town anyway

Hastings and most of St Leonards is the pits of hell

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crawley
Hastings
Littlehampton
Bexhill (like walking into Jurassic Park every time you go in)
Haywards Heath

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Crappiest most soulless town is East Grinstead.

Honourable mention for Horsham, weird inbred posh people.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Grendel said:
I wouldn't say the other pubs are fine...the Red Lion is passable but The Witch is (still) full of 12 year olds and The Bent Arms is like a morgue and sells reprehensible ale. Much as I dislike some of the clientele of The Linden Tree, they sell decent beer and have a bar billiard table, hence it is the best pub in Lindfield.

Possibly depends how old are you - being 18, i don't have a problem with the witch, other than the fact they've converted it into a restaraunt.

The Red Lion isn't bad either, but personally I see the StandUp being a bit of an 'old mans pub', so tend to stay clear, although it's probably quite good???

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Grendel said:
You are joking? It was an absolute shithole frequented by pikeys and meatheads, run by people who had no idea how to keep a pint of Harveys. The best pub was and still is the Linden Tree/Stand Up.

White horse is a terrible place......Red Lion is the best pub in Lindfield and if you being middle class amkes you w*nker then I'm one as well.......what crap post by someone who actually lives in Hassocks!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Eastbourne is quite a shit hole, seems alright if you are on the sea front but if you go into the town centre I would say it is worse than Crawley or Worthing, for different reasons.

edna krabappel said:
Crawley
Hastings
Littlehampton
Bexhill (like walking into Jurassic Park every time you go in)
Haywards Heath

WE must be like minded. Bexhill is a HORRIBLE place. The smell of urine and death is everywhere. The people still point at aircraft. The main shopping street is full of charity shops and cheap knock outt tack places. I once went into Bexhill's only nightclub. It was a very scary experence. Not from a threatening angle either. Never say "hi" to a single girl there either as it will be taken as a marriage proposal. Sidley which is classed as a village but is no more than a suburb, has to be the chaviest village in the County by a mile. It makes Lancing seem pleasant.

The other four are horrible too. Bexhill-on-Sea though??:eek:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Fanfare........

in third place,Crowborough

second is Three Bridges,

but the winner is......rustle rustle rustle......

PORTSLADE!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2003
withdeanwombat said:
Fanfare........

in third place,Crowborough

second is Three Bridges,

but the winner is......rustle rustle rustle......

PORTSLADE!!!!!!

portslade is surely just part of brighton & hove?

bexhill is horrible, as is hastings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here