Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst pub

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
empire said:
the vic dodgy:eek: :lolol: ,only when h20s in their

It is supposed to look very good now actually
any way mate how are your feet I heard you had a couple of nasty blisters after all that walking you did through town on Saturday :ohmy: :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Bobby's Gull said:
The White Hart in Crowborough used to be a nice family sort of pub now you're surrounded by 15 year olds getting wasted on cider. WOO. :shootself

Didn't a Millwall bloke run that pub some 10 years or so ago?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The Sussex in Haywards Heath was a complete dive. It's now been demolished. Sadly, this was a bad thing as at least when it was open you knew where all the thugs were.

An honourable mention goes to The Junction in Burgess Hill. Asked for a pint of Harveys, got a pint of vinegar which I returned, only to be told that there was nothing wrong it without the bar-goon having smelt or tasted the beer. Apparently it was fine because it was clear. Got a pint of Guinness instead (eventually) as the advertised Youngs didn't seem to exist. The Guinness was absolutely disgusting. If it wasn't for the Tar Babies playing in there that night I was have been out of there within a minute to somewhere which sold a decent pint.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Grendel said:
The Sussex in Haywards Heath was a complete dive. It's now been demolished. Sadly, this was a bad thing as at least when it was open you knew where all the thugs were.

An honourable mention goes to The Junction in Burgess Hill. Asked for a pint of Harveys, got a pint of vinegar which I returned, only to be told that there was nothing wrong it without the bar-goon having smelt or tasted the beer. Apparently it was fine because it was clear. Got a pint of Guinness instead (eventually) as the advertised Youngs didn't seem to exist. The Guinness was absolutely disgusting. If it wasn't for the Tar Babies playing in there that night I was have been out of there within a minute to somewhere which sold a decent pint.

God knows I would never even dream of trying Guinness, Harveys, or anything that requires any sort of care and attention in the Junction. Good jukebox though.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Burrell near Shoreham Station.

I have never seen more than 3 people in there at any one time.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Eggmundo said:
The Burrell near Shoreham Station.

I have never seen more than 3 people in there at any one time.

Shoreham seems to have more than it's fair share of poor pubs - Surrey, the one with paintings of Jim Morrsion etc (Duke of Wellington?), Amsterdam, the one with the duck pond out the back

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What was the name of that club/pub along the seafront (a259) near Peacehaven?

Very nasty!

Anybody remember The Argyle? Its where the Squid and Starfish now is.

Pub upstairs and 'disco' downstairs both open til 2am :drink:

Also opposite, The Churchill Palace Hotel :drink:

What a shit hole :nono:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
nickgeo said:
the one with paintings of Jim Morrsion etc (Duke of Wellington?)

The Duke does have its moments lately although we were in there on Sat night and it was fantastic - unfortunately its started to attract the young and restless from the council estates on a Friday night which rules that night out for us....

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Come to Portsmouth! The Mighty Fine - the only pub with bars on the inside of the windows to stop the clientele throwing each other out! Real life trans-sexuals and dwarves behind the bar! Drug addicts in the toilets!

Just a pity they've shut Joanna's.....37 steps from top to bottom - after being thrown down them I thought it only right that I should go back and count. Stickiest floor in southern England, but there was no doubt why - the plastic palm tree in the middle of the dance floor that doubled as a urinal....and girls that regularly knocked blokes out before apologising and taking them home, never to be seen again. In fact, it was the stalking ground for Alan Grimson, serial killer!

Gosport is catching up - 2 on 1 sexual assault outside Emma's again at 02:00 this morning. Getting to be a regular occurence.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
in Shoreham . . . . Crown and Anchor, Schooner, Burrell Arms, are sketchy, Swiss Cottage is pants, as is the Ferry and the Amsterdam

the best thing about Shoreham is theres lots of pubs so you have plenty of choice !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Stanmer (aka the 'stabber') up at Fiveways is pretty dire. It's the nearest pub to me but I never use it.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Re: Re: Worst pub

e77 said:
I almost got in a punch up with someone going to the Clifton while half a mile from it.

Didn't Cardiff cause a couple of grands worth of improvements there a few years back ?
They did indeed. Ever since it's been decorated like a giant St Georges cross. The Clifton is bad, but just walk about 3/4 of a mile along the road to the Downview. If you unarmed, don't go in!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Re: Re: Re: Worst pub

Spiros said:
They did indeed. Ever since it's been decorated like a giant St Georges cross. The Clifton is bad, but just walk about 3/4 of a mile along the road to the Downview. If you're unarmed, don't go in!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brovian said:
The Stanmer (aka the 'stabber') up at Fiveways is pretty dire. It's the nearest pub to me but I never use it.

Yeah, that's bad.

I used to drink in it in my yoof and hadn't been back for years.

I went back last summer and it was the sort of boozer that gets featured in gritty cop dramas - never again.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
H2O said:
It is supposed to look very good now actually
any way mate how are your feet I heard you had a couple of nasty blisters after all that walking you did through town on Saturday :ohmy: :lolol:
i did have blisters,but wrong area fella,funny saw loads of hairy freddy mercury look alikes,you were one i presume:lolol: ,or have you finally got the razor out

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
brightonfan_86 said:
The Ancient Mariner in Hove, used to be called the Rutland Arms. in the old days the pub was really nice and my dad used to play for the pool team there, Now the new owners took it over they've made it into a shit hole, local chavs take it over and there is no bloody pool table there anymore, just 4 bloody sofas where the pool table was.
And it aint so friendly anymore one wrong word and you could get your head kicked in.

What are you on about. The pub has improved no end since it was done up. Yes it did have a pool table but the pub itself was a dump. The landlord et al where nice people but did not have a clue about attracting punters. The AM is now a respectable family pub and the same locals that used to drink in there still do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here