Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Performance

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
chips and gravy said:
I think he's improved this season. Still worried about his passing ability though, and he still has the odd shocker. Luton away was one of his worst performances.

everyone was awful that night

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Charlie is a limited player, but knows his limitation and never tries to exceed them. If Si Rodger had not had a major injury this season then Charlie would rarely have had a run out. He has battled and fought hard, and I would play him in the away leg of the play-offs if our intention is to go for a 0-0. At home move Reid central and play OGH wide as we did in the second half Saturday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
maybe fantastic is wrong but he has done well this yr in my opinion - not given it away half as much as last season

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't think Charlie played particularly badly. The reson we looked better when he came off that that we had a better shape with Hart out wide.
I don't feel that playing three central midfielders (Chippy, Oatway, Reid) works that well. Too many times on saturday there was no width as Reid has gone up the middle of the park rather than wide.
One of the central players has to make way for the switch and as Charlie had been booked, it was right to bring him off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Oatway's done anything this season. Nothing wrong, but nothing brilliant, just....well.....inert, if I may use that word.

He's been there, but without making much impact, negative or positive.

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
My understanding is that Charlie and Danny are the leaders within the dressing room, and one thing we have has since they have been here is good team spirit, and new players are made welcome. Charlie always strikes me as being a good lad, he looks like he knows how to handle himself of course, but a good lad.

On the pitch he prevents other teams trying it on. They are not going to try and be over physical with us for long if Charlie is there. I think he makes his share of challenges. He can't make a creative pass, but then we need to make sure he always has someone to pass it to. If we go up I don't think we'll see much of him in Division One, but in Division Two he does a reasonable job on the pitch.

I like the bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here