Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] worst performance under potter?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Easily the worst performance under Potter. Absolutely ****ing awful and all his fault.

Yet, never has a Brighton manager had so much credit in the bank. We’ll surely never see the likes of today again under this great man. An abnormally.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Defensively very weak with Duffy & Veltman not on the same page and playing a 4 at the back left Lamptey and Cucurella stuck between a rock and a hard place between attack and defence. If ever there was a team to play a five at the back against it was today v Burnley. Obviously missing Dunk and Webster too, coupled with the sale of the one centre back who had been showing real form lately in Burn (no need though to go over that sale again).

Pretty much all the players looked lethargic from the kick off, and as sad as it is to admit, Burnley thoroughly deserved their win today by being far more purposeful from the off and to a man seemed to want it more today.

Just hope this is a one off, but we have to address the attacking options for once and for all this summer. 1 shot on target today from Duffy and that was it. Really disappointing. Enough said.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Until next week!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Yes. The Submariner agrees. I think Lallana does too.

Lots of talk about levels, a bad day at the office, bouncing back. Hope so.

If we're not properly at it against Villa, we're going to get hammered.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
No. Worse when we lost away at Bournemouth, and Sheffield Wednesday in the cup.

Doesn't mean it was anything other than abysmal mind.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I see yesterday's result as a perfect storm coming together.

We've played bloody well in the past five or six matches. There had to be a blip.
We were robbed at United - and a long journey up north and back again takes its toll.
Burnley have played a lot fewer games and were rested better.
Hoofball and lottery football is the only style Burnley know in the weather.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is the earliest I have left a game, apart from when I left on the hour because the nipper had had enough (at her first game).

I wasn't angry, though, like I was when I regularly left at 70 minutes when Hughton was manager. Just disappointed. Under Hughton they were following orders, the same orders as the week before and the week before that, and for certain sure, next week too. Yesterday was simply an off day.

However, what with the wind, and the chance to avoid the car park queue, and the prospect of getting home in time for a nice meal, I decided to vote with my feet. :shrug:

Onwards and upwards.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hoofball and lottery football is the only style Burnley know in the weather.

Does a massive disservice to Burnley yesterday, in my view. They scored three very well-taken goals, hit the bar and had one disallowed. We were lucky we didn’t get taken apart 5-0. That wasn’t hoofball or lottery football yesterday. That was men against boys.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Does a massive disservice to Burnley yesterday, in my view. They scored three very well-taken goals, hit the bar and had one disallowed. We were lucky we didn’t get taken apart 5-0. That wasn’t hoofball or lottery football yesterday. That was men against boys.

It was a combination of us being at you ponderous worst and Burnley being at their counter-attacking best. 1st was a great finish, 2nd was some awful defending and 3rd was a superb finish too. We, on the other hand, could have played for 10 years and not scored and it's a rarity that literally every player had a max 5/10 performance like they did yesterday. It's one of those bad says at the office and, I'll be honest, I've not given it much thought since.

Move on to Villa. Their style suits ours better anyway

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
By far, I feel it was equal to our performance against
Bournemouth

Not quite as bad as that but close. Redemption for the Bournemouth debacle should have come when we were due to play Cardiff the following Tuesday. We failed - miserably. From there on in it showed that the team were in disarray and only just scraped survival.

Yesterday was poor, unbelievably so. I’m putting it down as a one off and never to be repeated. The difference between the team of 2019 and the team of 2022 is that our current team is good, that’s reflected in our league position. Next Saturday, against Villa, is our shot of redemption, so don’t f*** it up boys - please.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I see yesterday's result as a perfect storm coming together.

We've played bloody well in the past five or six matches. There had to be a blip.
We were robbed at United - and a long journey up north and back again takes its toll.
Burnley have played a lot fewer games and were rested better.
Hoofball and lottery football is the only style Burnley know in the weather.[/QUOTE]

First and last goals were very good football. If we had scored those goals Potter would have been called a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here