Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst lager you've ever drunk?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Budweiser, though it takes some genius to make a beer with so little flavour. For those who find it all a bit too much of course there is always Bud Lite.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All of them. :sick:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Monkey Man said:
Budweiser, though it takes some genius to make a beer with so little flavour. For those who find it all a bit too much of course there is always Bud Lite.

Whilst sympathising with what Dougdeep said, try the Czech Budvar instead. Budvar and Budweiser seemed locked in some eternal copyright struggle which, in Europe at least, the Czech lot seem to be holding their own (fnarr, fnarr).

As for the worst lager, does anyone remember Grunhalle; brewed by Greenalls? That was vile! And then there was Harp. Do Guinness still "brew" that muck?

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Anyone remember SKOL:lolol:
Now that really was awefull

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
hitony said:
It would have to be Carlsberg for me to, its just so tasteless and watery

Nowt worse than when you walk in a pub and the lagers are Carlsberg and Grolsch....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Does anyone remember Longlife beer? I'm not sure what that was meant to be.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have drunk something that came in a blue can, the name of which escapes me but the only reason to buy it was because it got you pissed very quickly ! Ultra strong but vile tasting.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't remember it but my Dad goes on about the Watneys is it? Super seven? and Double Diamond?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Goring Gull said:
I don't remember it but my Dad goes on about the Watneys is it? Super seven? and Double Diamond?
Double Diamond works wonders..........:lolol:

Showing my age now......ooops:(

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Goring Gull said:

Party Seven ! Not a lager but yes, quite disgusting just the same. It came in a large Red and Gold time and allegedly held seven pints of 'beer'.

Very popular at parties in my youth (which shows how old it is).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
CampFreddie said:
skul lager - or any american crap, it all tastes like its been watered dow.

Colt 45 ! I thought that was a British aberation until I saw some in the US. It was still crap though !

Mind you most Americans are nearly sick when they try a decent bitter. I think the reason they like their beer chilled to 5 degree C. is because it hides the fact that it has not taste.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
bhaexpress said:
I have drunk something that came in a blue can, the name of which escapes me but the only reason to buy it was because it got you pissed very quickly ! Ultra strong but vile tasting.

Domestos I expect.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Anyone remeber Tennants super ice - blue bottle 9% volume tasted like treacle did the job though. Used to sell it in the Towns Pride in Worthing about 8 years ago - not sure the pub is still going even these days, used to frequent it alot in my sixth form college era.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I don't think anything worse than (american) Budweiser is physically possible.

That said, if Kaliber can be counted as a "lager" considering the massive, massive lack of alcohol in it, its worse.

bhaexpress said:
Party Seven ! Not a lager but yes, quite disgusting just the same. It came in a large Red and Gold tin and allegedly held seven pints of 'beer'.

Very popular at parties in my youth (which shows how old it is).
The most important thing about a can of Party Seven was that it was impossible to open. A hammer and a six inch nail was often the only way in. And then most of the contents would spray all over the ceiling.

The Party Four was better. Mainly because it contained less of the disgusting fizzy liquid.

But hey kids! Imagine this ... FOUR PINTS of weak beer was enough for a PARTY in those days. Today it's an individual dose - barely enough to start the evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here