Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST holiday destination you've ever had the misfortune to visit

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As an adult - Tunisia - utter shite hole. As a kid my parents thought North Wales might be a nice place ( near that railway station with the stupidly long name ). Awful place, unfriendly and locals switched to speaking Welsh as soon as they knew you were English. Even had stones thrown at the windows of the cottage we had rented.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I went to Pathos on a wet Sunday. The taxi driver initially refused to put my bags in to the cab as they were stained with the tears I'd shed at the airport saying goodbye to my girlfriend, who was going to a freezing cold hospital on the ourskirts of Manchester to get her bunions looked at. When I got to my apartment, which was lacking in all luxury, I ate my single remaining mint and put on The Smiths while I read some Bennett.

:lolol: that is the most pathetic post I have read on NSC.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Although i've been twice (holidays both paid for me) and i generally enjoyed the holidays, i didn't like the island of Malta. No natural beeches, everywhere was full of part built industrial and commercial areas which were strewn with litter, didn't see a blade of grass whilst over there, it just didn't click for me.

However, contrary to what was said earlier, i loved Corfu. It was scenic and clean, especially Corfu town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like a few others I've never really had a bad holiday but I guess it depends what you want. A good example is Moscow. It's a difficult and at times unfriendly city (and as an aside it stinks of leaded petrol) but due to this I found it intriguing. The wife hated it because of these same reasons. I doubt I'll go back but I certainly feel better for the experience.

To be honest I think I could be plonked down anywhere and find something to amuse and fascinate me.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just the once for me. Was surprised at how relaxed it was (though I wasn't expecting crazy party scene as was billed as 'for couples').
Beautiful weather. Dirt cheap. Unbelievable sea colour for Europe. Plenty to do.
Don't blame you going back again and again, Spence. If I could afford it, I'd be there in a shot*

*Via Krakow.
its in asia.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Although i've been twice (holidays both paid for me) and i generally enjoyed the holidays, i didn't like the island of Malta. No natural beeches, everywhere was full of part built industrial and commercial areas which were strewn with litter, didn't see a blade of grass whilst over there, it just didn't click for me.

However, contrary to what was said earlier, i loved Corfu. It was scenic and clean, especially Corfu town.

Each to their own I guess - I love Malta. People lovely, food great no language problems and far less spoilt that many places.

For me Penticton in the Okanagan in BC. A truly spectacular location, totally destroyed by honky tonk drive throughs and low budget shops. North Americans have a great talent for ruining natural beauty with tackiness.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barcelona - booked for a week, left on third day: a truly horrible place. I'd seen Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell by then and couldn't stand any more of it. Got a train to France, had a great couple of days, spent a night in Gerona, which was lovely and returned to Barcelona just in time for the flight out.

I also had a week in Dubai for work and was amazed that there was a place on earth even worse than Barcelona.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Barcelona - booked for a week, left on third day: a truly horrible place. I'd seen Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell by then and couldn't stand any more of it. Got a train to France, had a great couple of days, spent a night in Gerona, which was lovely and returned to Barcelona just in time for the flight out.

I also had a week in Dubai for work and was amazed that there was a place on earth even worse than Barcelona.

Barcelona is one of the best cities in the world. Oh well

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Like a few others I've never really had a bad holiday but I guess it depends what you want. A good example is Moscow. It's a difficult and at times unfriendly city (and as an aside it stinks of leaded petrol) but due to this I found it intriguing. The wife hated it because of these same reasons. I doubt I'll go back but I certainly feel better for the experience.

To be honest I think I could be plonked down anywhere and find something to amuse and fascinate me.

Indeed. I have been to well over 50 countries now and always find something to interest me. Even if a place is quite dull then I am happy in a coffee shop with my kindle, beats spending a day at work!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed. I have been to well over 50 countries now and always find something to interest me. Even if a place is quite dull then I am happy in a coffee shop with my kindle, beats spending a day at work!!
Fair point. A bad week on holiday is still better than a good week at work

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Isle of Sheppy Kent, stayed on a caravan park, luckily it was only a long weekend.
Camber Sands Pontins, never again.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As an adult - Tunisia - utter shite hole. As a kid my parents thought North Wales might be a nice place ( near that railway station with the stupidly long name ). Awful place, unfriendly and locals switched to speaking Welsh as soon as they knew you were English. Even had stones thrown at the windows of the cottage we had rented.

Another vote for North Wales, surely there is just no point in Colwyn Bay, Rhos-on-Sea, Llandudno and Prestatyn etc.?

Usually freezing cold, almost always pissing it down and everything closed on Sundays.

Agree about the Locals too, a bunch of inbred retards.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Morocco - the majority of (male) locals were hateful people who seemed to go out of their way to hassle and abuse any Caucasians they saw and generally try to ensure we had a shite time. Never again.... Believe it's more relaxed and welcoming in the south and the Berber areas though (Marakesh etc) ....??

Must agree.Went to Marrakesh ,exactly the same feeling.We felt threatened because of the colour of our skins.Their one aim is to extract as much money from you, knowing that they despise us. One incident comes to mind.We were looking at a map trying to find a certain landmark. A young man stopped to help.I will take you there.We followed.Taken into a souk.He stopped at a spice stall.Introduced us to his "brother" and disappeared. We felt compelled to buy expensive spices. A less learnt.Despicable people.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I don't think I've ever been on a holiday and thought that EVERYTHING was crap - there's always something that you can look back on and enjoy.
You just make the most of wherever you are
With the added benefit of hindsight there are probably places that I wouldn't have gone too but that's looking back now when we've all grown older , wiser (?), and more sophisticated (?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barcelona is one of the best cities in the world. Oh well

Yeah. I really like it. Some great architecture, a good craft beer scene these days, warm, and I'm fascinated by the El Raval history and the regeneration project which I've been following for many years now and IMHO is much preferable to the common "top down" approach of many cities. What's not to like?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Another vote for North Wales, surely there is just no point in Colwyn Bay, Rhos-on-Sea, Llandudno and Prestatyn etc.?

Usually freezing cold, almost always pissing it down and everything closed on Sundays.

Agree about the Locals too, a bunch of inbred retards.

Llandudno? Cracking little town and very popular. The architecture and beaches certainly put Brighton to shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here