Lancing
Funny Games remake.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Touche.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That coupled with the fact that most films are shit !

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
U.S. has mentioned the worst film ever made already, which is Sex Lives Of The Potato Men, but other films that I have had the misadventure to watch are....

Waking Ned. Beacame "Waking Dover," fell asleep and some one nudged me for snoring. Cheek!

The Silence Of The Lambs. Or sorry at the cinema I watched at the opening titles showed it as "Th e Sil en ce Of Th e Lam bs." It the announced the actors etc in the same way, and then to add insult to injury a boom mike waves in and out of the screen like a fishing road that has just caught a bite. Plus add to that the woman in it cannot act for toffee.

Saving Private Ryan. Various camera mistakes in the first three minutes, which i just walked out of the cinema.

I await a flaming, but when a filmaker has spent the majority of the budget on the actors, they then have not got the money for good cameramen etc, whose craft is to transport the viewer to another world.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Silence Of The Lambs. Or sorry at the cinema I watched at the opening titles showed it as "Th e Sil en ce Of Th e Lam bs." It the announced the actors etc in the same way, and then to add insult to injury a boom mike waves in and out of the screen like a fishing road that has just caught a bite. Plus add to that the woman in it cannot act for toffee.

Saving Private Ryan. Various camera mistakes in the first three minutes, which i just walked out of the cinema.

:eek:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Sorry, but I have seen both films on TV, and those mistakes are still there. I would also like to add the Harry Potter films. Again complete rubbish.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So a 3 hour film after 3 minutes you walked out ?.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So a 3 hour film after 3 minutes you walked out ?.

Yes I did. It is the cinematographers job to transport me to another world, of which I have possibly no idea about. Now if they cannot do this in the first five minutes of the film, there is very little hope of them redeeming themselves, or the film.

I won't be watching Avitar either, until they credit Roger Dean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever you think of the rest of the film, the first 5 minutes of Saving Private Ryan is one of the most iconic, memorable and harrowing sequences in cinematic history. How ANYONE can decide to walk out during that is quite beyond me.

What EXACTLY was wrong with it Dover ??

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
First 25 minutes surely Easy in which case Dover missed it all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy. Poor camera work. Simple as that.

Very odd. The next 25 minutes has probably the BEST camera work ever committed to cellulloid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First 25 minutes surely Easy in which case Dover missed it all.

Oops, yes of course it went on for longer than 5.

Easy. Poor camera work. Simple as that.

Poor camerawork in that it was the kind of unsteady, hand-held style (like in Bourne ?). I appreciate it can be annoying, in fact in the Bourne Supremacy got right on my wick in that respect. But in SPR I thought it worked perfectly, really putting you "in" the action.

That film really has no place being mentioned on this thread.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oops, yes of course it went on for longer than 5.

Poor camerawork in that it was the kind of unsteady, hand-held style (like in Bourne ?). I appreciate it can be annoying, in fact in the Bourne Supremacy got right on my wick in that respect. But in SPR I thought it worked perfectly, really putting you "in" the action.

That film really has no place being mentioned on this thread.

The power of the beach landings is shown by the Vets who attended the premiere saying they WERE back on the beach and saying it depicted the insanity of it all more than they could have imagined.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

For real? Agreed I don't think it's a great film, but Clarice (Jodie Foster) is brilliant in it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it lost credibility with the " the woman in it cannot act for toffee". Foster is one of the greatest and arguable the greatest actress of her generation.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
There are so many dreadfull films to pick from, Here are a few to definitely avoid -

Cloverfield

It may not have been a great movie (gives the surround sound a work-out though) but the bird in it is AMAZING.

Odette Yustman. :drool:

Attachments

• odette-yustman_1.jpg
    odette-yustman_1.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 35
  • odette-yustman-03.jpg
    odette-yustman-03.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 33

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here