Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever vehicle you have travelled in to an away game

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
old bvh van no seats 10 of us in the back on a matress going to oldham .had a few cans on the way up there a mate decided to have a piss in a bottle /bottle fell over soaked the matress stunkso bad we through it out .that was a hell of a bumpeyride all the way home GREAT TIMES

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
A coach travelling to Chesterfield that had it's back window removed courtesy of a passing West Ham fan with his handy hatchet at Scratchwood Services.

Got a tad chilly did it not mate!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
A bright orange Skoda 120LSE to Bournemouth during which the pipe fell out of the heater matrix by the front passenger seat bathing my brothers leg in scalding hot water, repaired it with a big wodge of wrigleys spearmint. The makeshift repair was still holding when we all drove to Chester in it the same season and when news of the Notts County result came in on the journey back somewhere stuck in traffic on the motorway, we all got out and danced around the car like the fools we were. Not sure of the significance of the Notts County result, think it meant we were in the play-offs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Austin A40 to Huddersfield October 14th 1972.Dreadful.Every stop = crank start (ask your grandad).

Mind you,the Albion won 2-0 (Spearrritt,Bridges),the only away win in a relegation season.

The trip home was joyous.

Spearritt would waltz into our current team.

View attachment 20481

One of these - noisy, bouncy, uncomfortable, slow, cold etc etc
Jeez!

I was "privileged" to be present when those trains were first launched by the Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive, as the "answer" to that city's local transport problems.

Even allowing for the fact that this was a carefully stage-managed public relations exercise, it was completely impossible to hear a word that was being said, over the noise and rattle that the thing made when moving. They really do people's heads in. They offer a standard of discomfort that is unrivalled. ANYWHERE.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
1971/2 to Bournemouth in a Ford Anglia, my pride and joy! drivers door held shut with string, passengers door window was stuck in the open position, a two tone green 1200, 4 of us decided to go very late on the friday night, the car cost me £20.00, which was a bargain compared to my other Ford Anglia, the 997 model marroon with a micky Mouse sticker on the boot, £40.00.....a 2 car owner even in those days!! (cant ever remember a time when both actually worked at the same time!!!!)

Those were the days............................

sammy g

A Limo for the play-off at Cardiff, sounds like luxury; It was not. Overfilled with too many people, incredibly slow so despite leaving so early we got caught in all the traffic getting there. The journey home was utter torture, topped off by some bloke,who couldn't hold his drink, puking out of the sun roof whilst chugging down the M4 whilst bits of sick splashed on us all. Arrived back to Brighton about a month after everyone else!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used catch one of those trains daily when I lived in Wigan, nasty, cold, slow, noisy and reeked of diesel.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That breaking down minibus type thing that I went to Hereford in.

Other than that, a leaky, draughty fiat uno with a dodgy alternator coming home from a 6-1 defeat at Oldham

1971/2 to Bournemouth in a Ford Anglia, my pride and joy! drivers door held shut with string, passengers door window was stuck in the open position, a two tone green 1200, 4 of us decided to go very late on the friday night, the car cost me £20.00, which was a bargain compared to my other Ford Anglia, the 997 model marroon with a micky Mouse sticker on the boot, £40.00.....a 2 car owner even in those days!! (cant ever remember a time when both actually worked at the same time!!!!)

Those were the days............................
Oh happy days.

I had one, with the 997 engine. It struggled to keep up with the rest of the traffic, which made it a nightmare on a motorway. Worst football related journeys? Brighton to Birmingham to buy a ticket for the 1968 FA Cup Semifinal between Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion (no postal applications in those days). Followed a couple of weeks later by the journey to watch the match.

Note for younger readers ... I could afford to buy this vehicle by saving enough from my student grant and supplementing this with a few quid earned from a holiday job. Happy days, indeed.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Jeez!

I was "privileged" to be present when those trains were first launched by the Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive, as the "answer" to that city's local transport problems.

Even allowing for the fact that this was a carefully stage-managed public relations exercise, it was completely impossible to hear a word that was being said, over the noise and rattle that the thing made when moving. They really do people's heads in. They offer a standard of discomfort that is unrivalled. ANYWHERE.

I agree..having a rail system which abandoned four-wheel coaches in the 19th Century for bogie vehicles and then reintroduces them in the late 29th. They are just basic coach bodies and frames.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
A furniture van for the match at Derby - League Cup 1976. We had tables and chairs set up and remember the back being open as we supped our way through South London giving it large to Palace supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here