Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst even loan player at the Albion

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Alistair John! :laugh:

Dreadful. Michael Mahoney-Johnson at Gillingham was pretty tosh aswell though to be fair. There are far too many! Sam Williams was at Walsall this season wasn't he? I don't think he was the worst, but he's up there. Bakayogo was crap aswell, and Alan Blayney!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
- Florent Chaigneau
- Robbie Savage
- Sam Williams

There was some shit striker we had on loan from Brizzle Rovers a few years ago as well, can't remember his name though. Robby...something or other. :jester:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
How can anyone say Savage? He didn't set the world alight but he was a class above everybody else on the pitch in the games I saw him play for us (admittedly only 3)

He was shit, Imo ofcourse.
Came with a reputation, did nothing especially at leeds

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Blobby Savage , £24k a week , your avin a laugh.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Alistair John! :laugh:

Dreadful. Michael Mahoney-Johnson at Gillingham was pretty tosh aswell though to be fair. There are far too many! Sam Williams was at Walsall this season wasn't he? I don't think he was the worst, but he's up there. Bakayogo was crap aswell, and Alan Blayney!

Of the games i saw when he was with us i wouldnt say Blayney was the worst, definatly much better than Sam Williams even though they were oppisite ends of the pitch

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Simon Royce , 6 appearances as goalie and let in about 20 goals I think.

Gay was a goalie we had on trail for pre-season - we never offered him a contract (I saw him paly in this game: Brighton v. Wolves pre-season friendly). I think the other two are a bit harsh, being that they actually made an impact on games (even though O'Cerrieul [sp] faded after a good debut against West Ham and Savage didn't do much).

I would like to nominate either Keith Lowe (loan from Wolves, never played) or Bagayogo (same, but from Milwall).

Oh well. It's all about opinions. Got the Gay chap wrong so sorry to him but my recollection of the West Ham game was that O'Carriell (sp?) was a bit useless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can anyone say Savage? He didn't set the world alight but he was a class above everybody else on the pitch in the games I saw him play for us (admittedly only 3)

Depends what you mean by worst I guess. He cost a fortune, by your own admission didnt set the world alight and was not what we needed at the time. At the very least he was a totally pointless signing.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Savage was not the worst at least he could play football. Bagayoko, Alistair John, Sam Williams, Danny Webb are all good shouts, and for me i give the Thomas bloke from Exeter signed by MA first time round oh and Phil Hadland and Phil Stant. We've had a lot too many to mention..

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Savage was not the worst at least he could play football. Bagayoko, Alistair John, Sam Williams, Danny Webb are all good shouts, and for me i give the Thomas bloke from Exeter signed by MA first time round oh and Phil Hadland and Phil Stant. We've had a lot too many to mention..

Yes but the Amount we paid in wages/Per Performance he would be up there I would see

0,,10433~4087425,00.jpg

God that picture reminds me of depressing times! Shit football in the cold rain surrounded by the KKK.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'm sure we signed Stant on a short-term contract (and I think Thomas was too)

Anyone who thinks Savage was a worst player than Neal or Gislason must seriously want his eyes/head examining

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here