Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst display of the season

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just got back, thats was awful. Terrible defending, did not win a single ball in midfield and the forwards were living off scraps.

Beaten to every single ball in the middle of the park, even Zesh looked jaded.

I know there are some Hinshelwood fans on here but I thought he was awful today and his distribution is appaling - he didnt pass the ball to one of ours players once.

Right - moan over. We are top of the league and I am sure we will bounch back - I still love you Seeeeagulss

Brighton till I die !!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
thought Colchester was a worse performance...actually quite suprised at how well organsied bmuff were, decent (little) side, I thought Jones, Mcphee, Rehmann and mayo were the biggest jokes today. Bmuff should have won by a bigger margin but we should have had 2 pens.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Dont think Bournmeouth were that good to be honest Dwayne. made to look good by our shoddy display.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
TC said:
We will beat Brentford...

I hope so. It wasnt so much the fact we lost today but the performance that was dissapointing. Oh well, the team only has to wait 3 days to redeem themselves.

feenos_on_fire

Oct 18, 2003
Bournemouth
Wilko said:
Dont think Bournmeouth were that good to be honest Dwayne. made to look good by our shoddy display.

Really? Because I thought we played some excellent football today. Wade Elliott (our No11) was outstanding as was Browning who worked hard and controlled the ball well in the middle of the field. I think you were lucky to get away with losing just 1 nil because if Feeney hadn't had to go off I reckon he'd have had a couple more.

I'm sure that Leon can play some excellent football shame he spent most of the afternoon diving around on the floor. :rolleyes:
Perhaps the ref would've believed that he was actually injured, at the end, had he not cried wolf so much.

Still good luck to you and I hope you get a new manager and a new ground soon.

UTCIAD

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
bournmouth are a good side imho. not sure if they good enough to reach the play off but hope so as i put them and brighton as my 2 teams in the daily star football sweepstake thing

feenos_on_fire

Oct 18, 2003
Bournemouth
Here's hoping we can get a new manager and Falmer soon. [/B]

Yep I really hope so. I think Steve Cotterill could do a good job for you. Who would you like to see at the helm?

Wish you all the best with your new stadium too, it can't be much fun at Withdean. Still things must be better now than the time you were down in the 3rd.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
feenos_on_fire said:
Yep I really hope so. I think Steve Cotterill could do a good job for you. Who would you like to see at the helm?

Wish you all the best with your new stadium too, it can't be much fun at Withdean. Still things must be better now than the time you were down in the 3rd.

Thanks - I'd prefer Tigana but I should think he'll take one look at Withdean and say "non".

Hopefully the we are close to emerging from the tunnel of gloom and Falmer is on the horizon.

feenos_on_fire

Oct 18, 2003
Bournemouth
filthy said:
bournmouth are a good side imho. not sure if they good enough to reach the play off but hope so as i put them and brighton as my 2 teams in the daily star football sweepstake thing

I don't think we're expecting to reach the playoffs, in all honesty, most of us would be happy with a mid table finish. Not sure whether we'll be able to sustain our league position (5th) as we have such a small squad. Down to 17 now I believe!!! :eek: Mind you, it appears that Feeney's injury doesn't appear to be as bad as we thought which is good because we're running out of strikers!!

We'll keep trying now I've heard about your sweepstake though!
:D

PS I kind of hope Brighton do well too because I met some great people when I came to your fans reunited day that time.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
well mid table will be easy accived! you starting to get a good home record together now and as they say you gotta win your home games so who knows but i think bournemouth will just miss out on the playoffs

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bad performance. Every time we lose its because we played rubbish. :rolleyes:

Barnsley, Colchester, Bournemouth. None of them mullered us. Every single defeat only 1-0. Every single time people completly over react.

It wasn't a great performance but did you expect it to be? Bournemouth, away, a decent side, ubeaten at home.

The players had a go but come on, we're hardly leaps and bounds better than everyone else in this league. We'll do well at home and we'll get points away. We're going to have a good season.

Coppell appears to have been right about expection. Everyone expected us to win today. Lets be a bit more realistic? ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Bad performance. Every time we lose its because we played rubbish. :rolleyes:

Barnsley, Colchester, Bournemouth. None of them mullered us. Every single defeat only 1-0. Every single time people completly over react.

It wasn't a great performance but did you expect it to be? Bournemouth, away, a decent side, ubeaten at home.

The players had a go but come on, we're hardly leaps and bounds better than everyone else in this league. We'll do well at home and we'll get points away. We're going to have a good season.

Coppell appears to have been right about expection. Everyone expected us to win today. Lets be a bit more realistic? ???

I agree with that. We haven't had any 4-0 drubbings or like Grimsby losing 8-1 to Hartlepool.

We're still unbeaten at home so lift those chins and look forward to the next game at Brentford.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were poor but I think we have to give Bournemouth Credit. They played a nice passing game.

I'm not surprised that other teams haven't won there either.

Tuesday will tell if it was a "one off"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here