Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Boozer in Sussex

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Scampi, I salute you on your vividly accurate description of Crawley boozers.

I wanted to nominate at least one of them myself but thankfully never having spent too long in any of them I felt it would be unfair of me to pass comment without enough experience.

One hole you have neglected to mention which I feel certainly is worthy of damning is the Snooty Fox in Three Bridges. That place oozes shittyness and is lucky it sits on the part of the road where the traffic lights control the flow of speeding traffic otherwise I can see many a miserable patron deliberately stepping out into the road after a soul destroying half hour in that place looking for a quick and inglorious end.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Is that what was the Ugly Duckling and then the Wivelsfield?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Scampi, I salute you on your vividly accurate description of Crawley boozers.

I wanted to nominate at least one of them myself but thankfully never having spent too long in any of them I felt it would be unfair of me to pass comment without enough experience.

One hole you have neglected to mention which I feel certainly is worthy of damning is the Snooty Fox in Three Bridges. That place oozes shittyness and is lucky it sits on the part of the road where the traffic lights control the flow of speeding traffic otherwise I can see many a miserable patron deliberately stepping out into the road after a soul destroying half hour in that place looking for a quick and inglorious end.

You haven't got a clue.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
While on the suject of crawley the 3 shittiest pubs ive ever been into in sussex are there.

The Rocket
The Dorsten
and one in broadfield, cant remember the name.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
While on the suject of crawley the 3 shittiest pubs ive ever been into in sussex are there.

The Rocket
The Dorsten
and one in broadfield, cant remember the name.
The Rocket is not to bad but i can see why you have said it.
Dorsten shut down

Winner is the imperial in Broadfield.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Rocket is not to bad but i can see why you have said it.
Dorsten shut down

Winner is the imperial in Broadfield.

Not that bad? it makes a Witherspoons look high class.

Cant remember the name of the pub in Broadfield, near the park, it may have been the imperial.

BTW Just looking at it was enough to stop me going into the snootyfox, ever.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In what respect?

Are you sticking up for the Snooty Fox? ?
If you seriously think the Snooty Fox is that bad then your knowlege of Crawley is limited to say the least.You obviously popped in at some point waiting for a delayed train out of town.The Fox is actually one of the better pubs but that's not to difficult in Crawley granted.
I don't actually enjoy drinking in 90% of the boozers in Crawley as it full of wankers.Same with the night clubs.
Thankfully i live around the corner from the safest and nicest little pub called "The Plough" in Crawley.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I wasn't saying it was the worst in Crawley but it is shit. I haven't been in too many pubs in Crawley but I do know the town well and I've yet to find any pub there with anything to recommend it.

The Snooty Fox I used as an example as I have a friend who lives round the corner so it's a pub I've visited a few times for desperation drinks rather than any genuine desire to spend time in there.

Whilst it may look positively palatial in comparison with other Crawley drinking holes this doesn't mean it's a good pub so I hardly see why my knowledge of Crawley is therefore "limited"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The brewery shades or shades used to be ok but dont know what its like these days. Isn't a decent chippy in crawley any more either by the looks of things.

Its generally a shithole with gatwick saving it from being worse than Halfwits Heath.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The brewery shades or shades used to be ok but dont know what its like these days. Isn't a decent chippy in crawley any more either by the looks of things.

Its generally a shithole with gatwick saving it from being worse than Halfwits Heath.

I went in the Shades at the end of November and there was a really fit girl working behind the bar who'd had stitches near her eyebrow after a fight.:catfight:

I do like Crawley though even if it's the most chav-filled town in the country.It's the last time i got a shag-in September!:eek:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My Hotel or whatever it is now, is the worst place i've been to Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone been to that new bar called Purple Moon on Church Road? It is the bleakest, coldest looking, and most uninviting bar I have ever seen. It's been open a few months and I've only ever seen more than one person in it once. I noted the other day on a hand made paper sign that all pints are now only £2.50.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seeming as the thread has been bounced you may be interested to know that the Clifton in Worthing is now closed and boarded up, with a rather optimistic For Sale sign up outside.

The freehold is for sale how long before it is demolished and becomes flats and on that subject how much longer will The Snipe in Carden Avenue stay closed before that is demolished and rebuilt on. The Duck in HH ihas been demolished and is having a Pets Cornert built on it by Adenstar and The Junction in Burgess Hill had a fire!! and has been demolished. This appears to be the trend with pubs that dont make a profit anymore.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The freehold is for sale how long before it is demolished and becomes flats and on that subject how much longer will The Snipe in Carden Avenue stay closed before that is demolished and rebuilt on.

On the other hand, I saw there's finally some work going on at The Racehill. That's been untouched for months.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If you seriously think the Snooty Fox is that bad then your knowlege of Crawley is limited to say the least.You obviously popped in at some point waiting for a delayed train out of town.The Fox is actually one of the better pubs but that's not to difficult in Crawley granted.
I don't actually enjoy drinking in 90% of the boozers in Crawley as it full of wankers.Same with the night clubs.
Thankfully i live around the corner from the safest and nicest little pub called "The Plough" in Crawley.

Agreed

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
the bat and ball end of thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here