Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST beer you've ever had?

The only beer I buy is "Morrisons Own Brand Ridiculously Cheap and Thoroughly Disgusting Lager" (at least, I think that's what it says on the label) for two reasons:

(1) I don't drink beer, ever
(2) I'm not going to waste good beer on the bastard slugs who keep munching on my veg patch

So, please remember that cheap, disgusting beer has a very important use. It's the middle range stuff that's the really bad stuff - too expensive to waste on slugs, but too horrible to drink.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What Gwylan said

The pint of Caffreys I had in Kuala Lumpa. Don't know what it was, but it certainly wasn't Caffreys.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Used to drink Ben Truman in my youth - now THAT was a f***ing dreadful pint. Some of the Thai nationally-produced brands are astoundingly vile, too, as are those Indian beers which are called things like "Thunder 7000" or whatever.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
beorhthelm said:
Hurlimans (sp) is the original wife beater,

Ah Hurlimans, one of those beers that I always have odd nights on. I either do exactly what is says on the tin, :sick: or after a Friday night of drinking the stuff in Zurich I walked out of the bar to find the police firing tear gas in my general direction.

Skol is one of the worst, do not get the hype with either Oranjeboom or Red Stripe, but my pet hate is Kronenberg.

Oct 25, 2003
xxxx, carling, fosters, all the american crap, stella in a can, john smiths is poor, carling, any co-op own brand, and some french stuff from sainsbury's

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The worst beer recently was in The King & Queen. The bar manager, or thats waht he told me poured an alleged pint of Harveys. It looked and smelt like vinegar.

Afert taking a sip, I then asked the bar manager, if he could change the pint for a bottle of Becks.

"Nothing wrong with that mate, that's how we serve it up North."

"Well then you drink it, but I tell you now its off."

"I will then."

As if to prove his cellar skills, and that he could drink Sarsons he gulped it down in one, and said "Lovley."

I then waited for three to five minuites, where he emptied the contents of his stomach all over the bar. With a fair amount going down his Manchester United shirt.

Oh how I laughed.

Jul 20, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Kronenbourg Blanc.

What the f*** is that all about?

it's about £3.50 a pint

stupid, just stupid

on a happier note, the Flowers in The Conqueror is particularly nice at the moment - and I like watching the ladies in there pull the pints - they are very special

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh and while I'm here there are soe very nice American beers brewed in local micro brewerys, you just have to find it.

And Budweiser from the tap is a decent, refreshing summer pint.

FACT.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And Budweiser from the tap is a decent, refreshing summer pint.

FACT.

So is water. FACT.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Labatts (Canadian piss)

and anything that has "Lite" on the label

:drink:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Not all US beers are pisswater, for example Sam Adams is a fine american pint, especially if you can find their IPA .

I also can also just about remember drinking heavily in a converted speakeasy in New York last time I was there, where they served locally brewed english style bitter in pints, with an ABV of 7.5%.

:p

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I can`t remember the name of it but i was in Tunisia in 1993 and i had a beer in the Hotel and believe me it was bloody horrific. It amde me reach.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Actually, Dover's fine anecdote above reminds me of the diarrhoea masquerading as Harveys that the old bloke who used to run the pre-makeover George Beard would dish up.

His catchphrase soon become "if you were blind, you'd think there was nothing wrong with that," as he held up a glass containing what looked like the water that squaddies have to wade through on obstacle courses.

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is this before it becmae the Eagle again. MoH. If so I remember a few conversations like this when me and Krispies used to go for an afternoon bender.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dover said:
Is this before it becmae the Eagle again. MoH. If so I remember a few conversations like this when me and Krispies used to go for an afternoon bender.

Certainly was. The only man ever to have thrown me out of a pub, for singing. Apart from the fact that it was always empty so you could get a seat to watch football, that pub had no redeeming features at all, yet I went there all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here